Shuting it down

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God reserves his toughest battles for his strongest soldiers. If he has deemed you that then so be it. His will be done. He brought you to this… He'll bring you through this. Lift up your head and remember… this too shall pass. You Were Not Built To Break!

Hang Tough!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bust

Best of luck with whatever venture you decide next. I hope it all works out. It eventually does in the end and most times for the better. If anything you gained some extra expertise with your venture to use later in life. Running a business is tough and to do it in your later years is even tougher. Most folks won't even take the risk and try. You my friend at least gave it a shot.

Good Luck

Dave

Mike, You do understand you can't SEND karma to others. It comes to them as they move through life.

You can, however, send hope and well wishes to someone like I am to Bust.

Well that just sucks! Guess I'll have to scrape my plans to get some Dog Tags from you. Thanks for all your contributions to the Rallys.

Sorry to hear you have reached that point, Barry. I will always cherish my CFR '11 picture frame, more-so now due to it's limited production status. :p

I have no idea what your marketing philosophy was, but I do know that you are an overly generous SOB (to a fault) and that you donated far too much stuff, for your little business' good, to other folks. My picture frame is a case in point. I paid over $100 (I think, I have a severe case of CRS) I know it was close to that. But, my understanding is that you donated that frame (and another one) to CFR to raffle off for for their charity of choice. I think that was a soup kitchen or something, I don't really remember.

My point here is that I don't think you can mix business with pleasure (and philanthropy definitely falls into the pleasure category) especially as such a start-up enterprise. When you have huge income and can benefit from the tax breaks, then it's a different story. I think this is a great flaw to have (being too generous and caring) and you are in pretty good company, as many start-up fail for the same general reasons. Their proprietors aren't mean and viscous enough

Again, sorry to hear of the endeavor's demise, not just because we won't get such excellent swag at the various owners meetings, but because I wish that you had realized your dreams and been able to maintain your one man show. That way you would always have known for sure that you work for a righteous asshole! :p

:drinks:

Sorry to hear you have reached that point, Barry. I will always cherish my CFR '11 picture frame, more-so now due to it's limited production status. :p

I have no idea what your marketing philosophy was, but I do know that you are an overly generous SOB (to a fault) and that you donated far too much stuff, for your little business' good, to other folks. My picture frame is a case in point. I paid over $100 (I think, I have a severe case of CRS) I know it was close to that. But, my understanding is that you donated that frame (and another one) to CFR to raffle off for for their charity of choice. I think that was a soup kitchen or something, I don't really remember.

My point here is that I don't think you can mix business with pleasure (and philanthropy definitely falls into the pleasure category) especially as such a start-up enterprise. When you have huge income and can benefit from the tax breaks, then it's a different story. I think this is a great flaw to have (being too generous and caring) and you are in pretty good company, as many start-up fail for the same general reasons. Their proprietors aren't mean and viscous enough

Again, sorry to hear of the endeavor's demise, not just because we won't get such excellent swag at the various owners meetings, but because I wish that you had realized your dreams and been able to maintain your one man show. That way you would always have known for sure that you work for a righteous asshole! :p

:drinks:
Very well said as I look at the two plaques on the wall. I think I know that asshole, I see him every morning when he puts his teeth in. :eek:

Barry, so sorry to hear that you are shutting down your business. I am a big fan of entrepreneurs and at the same time realize how hard it is to maintain a small business. Your great wit and personality will enable you to find a new profession in short order. Enjoyed meeting you in La Pine and hope to see you again in the future.

The best to you and Mrs. Bustanut.

Jer