SiriusXM

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Came with my truck in 12 for 6 months. The two times we renewed it they wanted like 25.00 a month and I told them for that price cancel the subscription. Both times they were willing to do it for $10.00 a month. Sounds like that price is gone for good, so I'll let it lapse. Got the phone, Mp3 from the GPS, and FM radio on the Sena. If I can't find anything to listen to, then I could just talk to my wife. :(

If I can't find anything to listen to, then I could just talk to my wife.
sad.png

Whoa Whoa Wait a minute - now your taking things a bit far here......

We have two portable XM Radios and I have Sirrus in my Truck. We have given them beaucoup $$ over the past 15 years.

I don't usually do music on the bike, sometimes I will turn on the Sena FM radio.

Never have figured out how to stream or even to download music to my Android phone, I probably should.

Out here in flyover country the cell signal is intermittent enough that music reception via cell will probably suck.

Maybe one of you smart techie guys can clue me in to how to do all this shit during the BHFJR Roundup!

I like it on the bike through my Zumo 550 and Sena 20S. I let XM drag me back kicking and screaming in with a offer of $20.00 for five months with no setup fee. Oddly enough, that is just how long my serious ridding season is. I put a reminder on my calendar to cancel on the last week of the offer.

One of the things I like is listening to the local sports games no matter where I am.

Another thing I like is in the late afternoon when I start getting a little tired I change to the raw comedic channels. Pretty soon I'm laughing and giggling like a idiot and wide awake.

BB King channel was one of my favorites. Hope they keep that or something like it.

Any howz that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Had it with my Mazda and again with my Wing. Each time I called to renew, I had just about the same experience as you. The last time I called (3 years ago), it was 45 minutes on the phone. Each time I thought everything was settled, the idiot I was talking with transferred me to another idiot that wanted to start all over again. Finally got so pissed off, I told them to refund any unused potion and stick their service. Haven't missed it a bit, IMHO, there's no music out there worth that amount of aggravation.

We have two portable XM Radios and I have Sirrus in my Truck. We have given them beaucoup $$ over the past 15 years. I don't usually do music on the bike, sometimes I will turn on the Sena FM radio. Never have figured out how to stream or even to download music to my Android phone, I probably should. Out here in flyover country the cell signal is intermittent enough that music reception via cell will probably suck. Maybe one of you smart techie guys can clue me in to how to do all this shit during the BHFJR Roundup!

PM coming your way John.... lets see if we can get you sorted....

But to me it's like the restaurant that serves large portions of lousy food. I much prefer to compile my own music and listen to it versus the crapola Sirius or XM serve up.
YMMV.
MMDV

Bluesville, Garage, Octane, Deep Cuts, and more... love that it moves in songs i might not have heard from looping through my 60k of MP3 files. Then there's listening to G Gordon Liddy in the middle of the night during a timed ride. I was LMAO.

One of the things I like is listening to the local sports games no matter where I am.
Another thing I like is in the late afternoon when I start getting a little tired I change to the raw comedic channels. Pretty soon I'm laughing and giggling like a idiot and wide awake.

BB King channel was one of my favorites. Hope they keep that or something like it.
^^ Things like this. I've also taken to Sunday evenings with a cigar, a drink and Cousin Brucie.

^^ Things like this. I've also taken to Sunday evenings with a cigar, a drink and Cousin Brucie.
Stuck in the 60s (on Six), Mikey? ;)

I bought a Tacoma in Jan of this year that has a Sat radio.
Ever since then those feckin' assholes at Sirius won't leave me along. I've told them over and over to put me on their do not call/contact list and I still get called at least weekly. The most recent was yesterday.

The best was letter they sent me offering it for FREE! for the first 3 months. But if you read the fine print, doing so would find you paying more than the regular rate for the rest of your contract.

I *NEVER* listen to anything when I'm driving (or riding). I sure as hell am not gonna pay for that privelege.I am no longer polite. They all can kiss the fatest part of my lily white ass.
Fixed it for ya!
<wink>

Stuck in the 60s (on Six), Mikey?
wink.png
Better there than the '80s I suppose.
smile.png

I have dish network at home, and I do enjoy all those XM radio stations - Bluesville, Garage, Octane, Deep Cuts, 60's on 6 even up to the 90's on 9...

XM Radio is super nice for the brainless listening...... Love that, but dealing with that company is just terrible and the prices
bad.gif

If there was a simple way for me to listen to them on the bike with my dish subscription, that would be cool.......

I still have my unlimited data from verizon and I like to stick it to them every chance I get for bandwidth :)

Problem with streamin music from the internet is the data used - it might not be much but it all adds up. If you have a data cap then depending on the quality of the music that you are streaming, you could eat through the data pretty quick....

https://gizmodo.com/how-much-data-does-your-streaming-music-app-eat-up-1649466894

Then there is my server at home, which I have a prodigious amount of music sitting on, an app on my phone I can just stream straight off of that, but the problem always comes down to hit and miss shoddy cell service its not worth the hassle and best to keep everything on the phone. Honestly its getting pretty ridiculous that they have Micro SD cards that are smaller then your fingernail and can hold 128 Gigs and more..... that has the possibilities of holding 15-30,000 songs depending on song size....

But to me it's like the restaurant that serves large portions of lousy food. I much prefer to compile my own music and listen to it versus the crapola Sirius or XM serve up.
YMMV.
MMDV

Bluesville, Garage, Octane, Deep Cuts, and more... love that it moves in songs i might not have heard from looping through my 60k of MP3 files. Then there's listening to G Gordon Liddy in the middle of the night during a timed ride. I was LMAO.
MMDV as well... I bought all 3 radios to put in the cars for Howard and Howard alone. All the other channels are just gravy.

Got it free with my Escape. I did like the traffic and weather features but the sound quality for the music was terrible. It just sounded like low sample rate mp3s in a can. No thanks.

I've got a friend that's got a car stereo head unit that's had all the channels free for about 8 years now. He cancelled, they kept billing his credit card, he cancelled the credit card. They've never turned it off. He transfers the head between 2 vehicles he drives....

The company has issues....

I have three radios, my truck, the wife's car, and a box for the pool. They were going to charge us almost $500 for another year, I called and told them they were nuts, got it for $90 for 6 months. I listen to sports, sports/talk, comedy, and O&A, ooops... O&J. I think their music sucks; great variety, but so compressed it sounds horrific.

**UPDATE** regarding SiriusXM and their customer service...

I went out to the car yesterday morning - running late - and about halfway to work I realized the radio hadn't come on yet (sometimes it takes a few minutes for the Stiletto to boot up). I look down and the unit is missing... not the cradle, wires, ant, etc - just the radio. Whoever boosted the thing doesn't have 2 brain cells to rub together because the unit isn't worth crap without any of the other stuff (serves them right).

I've had the thing for 9+ years and it had it's flaws but jeez, no Howard? I'm pissed and I'm not looking forward to calling Sirius to see what can be done about shutting the Stiletto down and replacing it with a new radio. I'm trying to guess how much this is going to cost me because the timing just sucks.

Well, I had the BEST customer service experience - over and above what I was expecting. Within one 10 min phone call, I have a brand new radio on it's way to me free of charge - just $6.77 for shipping and they are waiving the $75 activation fee. Once I call to activate it, the old one will be disabled and the new one replaces it under the same lifetime contract which includes internet radio.

Huge sigh of relief - thank you SiriusXM!!

As long as you can get a cell signal, I stream music from my phone using a couple of free and mostly commercial free streaming sites (Slacker, Pandora, Amazon Prime) into my Sena. Music uses very little data so you can stream for hours if your data plan is at least 2gb/month.
Yep, been doing this for several years. I have a 2 gig plan with Verizon and have never had a problem with running out of data. I mostly use Pandora and Amazon Prime Music. And for the few places where I don't have cell coverage I have several hours worth of MP3s on my phone.