• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's '06 FJR Frame Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I shipped all current orders yesterday via USPS Priority Mail, so please keep an eye out for the mailman.
Also in case you didn't get my previous message attempts, Vicki R, aka BluBear06, please contact me for a different mailing address.
Does this include the delrin sliders?

The delrins are partially finished (All of the delrin and some of the aluminum)and should all be shipped by the end of next week. I have the shipping labels all printed and ready to go.

The orders have been coming in thick and fast for this kit. This will be a slick setup on the 06-07 FJR as the delrin has been machined on all faces and has a sweet surface finish which you don't always see on slider products. This, contrasted with polished aluminum mounts will visually set this slider kit apart from others on the market.

You'll see what I'm talking about when the install photo's start rolling in.

Last edited by a moderator:
The delrins are partially finished (All of the delrin and some of the aluminum)and should all be shipped by the end of next week. I have the shipping labels all printed and ready to go.

The orders have been coming in thick and fast for this kit. This will be a slick setup on the 06-07 FJR as the delrin has been machined on all faces and has a sweet surface finish which you don't always see on slider products. This, contrasted with polished aluminum mounts will visually set this slider kit apart from others on the market.

You'll see what I'm talking about when the install photo's start rolling in.
Thanks Ian, Just checking.

Ian,

Sure hope you made a few extra on the last run as I'm a Johnny-Come-Latley and just sent you $$ via PayPal.

Thanks,

B

I know it's been posted, but I can't seem to find the toruqe spec for the slider bolt. Thanks in advance-

edit--

I guess when all else fails open up the instuction paper that Skyway included. 40ft lbs. Thanks again Skyway!!!

I know it's been posted, but I can't seem to find the toruqe spec for the slider bolt. Thanks in advance-
edit--

I guess when all else fails open up the instuction paper that Skyway included. 40ft lbs. Thanks again Skyway!!!
The service manual for the 06 says 35ft lb.

Do you make sliders for an o5 fjr? If so, do you have to do any modifications to the fairing?

Thanks Bill

Friday 2-23 I need a set for my new red 07 FJR ABS. Paypal on the way, Thanks.

Lucky

It's been a couple months... are these still available? Just got an 06 AE and I'm interested !

Ian,

A lovely product indeed. I'll drop my check in the mail once you confirm you're still making the aluminums. I have your address. Thanks much.

Kris W

Ian,A lovely product indeed. I'll drop my check in the mail once you confirm you're still making the aluminums. I have your address. Thanks much.

Kris W
I just returned my aluminums for delrins so he'll at least have those if he's not had time to make new ones lately.

Got mine Friday at 11am in town; put them in the saddlebag; gonna install when I got home. Went to run a couple errands. One of them I (stupidly) parked in some gravel on a VERY slight slope between the sidwalk and the road. When I started to leave and turn, lost it, went down and gnarled up the left mirror, saddlebag, engine cover, yada, yada, yada. But noooooooo, I couldn't have listened to the little voice that said, "You don't want to park there." God willing, I'll listen next time. Anyone know where I can get a lefty mirror for a Cherry?

PS By the way Skyway, AWESOME freakin delrin sliders!!! Love them puppies. Just wish I'd gotten them the day before.

PPS Forgot to take the 10% discount; maybe next time, eh?

Update on stock levels.

I shipped out my last 12 sets on Tuesday, so I need about 2 weeks to get some more kits put together, at which time I'll begin shipping them again. With the imminent launch of the web site, I'm working quickly to get everything together. all other farkles are in stock, it's only the sliders that are out at the moment.

I have several checks sitting in my office, so don't worry if your payment is not cashed, it will sit there until I ship out your order.

Status
Not open for further replies.