Slippery seat?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Bear

Reaction score
In the never ending quest for a quiet ride on an FJR (no turbulance, no excessive windnoise) I've finally found a solution that works GREAT for me. A V-Stream and a Corbin seat (lower than stock height) has solved the wind problem, However, my new Corbin is VERY slippery when wearing Olympia Cordura riding pants. Any ideas on how to decrease the "slide factor" (other than velcon on my butt <_< )?

Thanks!

In the never ending quest for a quiet ride on an FJR (no turbulance, no excessive windnoise) I've finally found a solution that works GREAT for me. A V-Stream and a Corbin seat (lower than stock height) has solved the wind problem, However, my new Corbin is VERY slippery when wearing Olympia Cordura riding pants. Any ideas on how to decrease the "slide factor" (other than velcon on my butt <_< )?
Thanks!
do you, uh, er, treat your seat?

if you use a conditioner it might be making your corbin slick.

Thanks!
do you, uh, er, treat your seat?

if you use a conditioner it might be making your corbin slick.
Don't know what's on the seat now, just know that it's VERY slick...Any thoughts on "unconditioning" it?

Corbins are generally slipperier than... :blink:

That said, have never slidden off of one, but it IS kinda disconcerting riding pillion and the rider rolls on without warning. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Check THIS THREAD for a little bit more information. I had the same problem with a leather Bill Mayer seat, and still do when it is very cold but time and wear seem to have helped the situation. Its a little disconcerting when your braking hard to have your body shifting radically towards the tank so I feel your pain.

One thing we used on the basketball court so the kids wouldn't slip was homemade.

1/3 7UP and 2/3 water. just spray it down with a windex bottle. worked great. Maybe it'l work on seats?

One thing you could try as a safety measure is to have one of the HD style buttons placed in the middle of the seat. At least then if you did start to slide off, your a$$hole would have something to grab holt to!!! :grin: :grin:

And stop with the wet farts!!! :D

I don't know about leather, but I have to clean the steering wheel of my work car when it comes back from a car wash. We demand no Armor-All, but it always comes back greasier than pig snot, crap greases up your hands, almost dripping off the steering wheel. Rag with soapy water gets it off of there.

We'd find another car wash, but there just isn't one around here. And I'm not gonna actualy wash my company car myself!!!!

Man, I used to have the same problem. Of course for me, it was just WAAAYYYY to much vibration on my happy parts, and - well, I think you know the rest.

I was sliding all around the place about 4 minutes after I started riding. The wost part, then I'd get tired and want a cheese sandwich. TBS helped.

Thanks!
Try going to an equestrian supply and look for a liquid conditioner/cleaner used for saddles. I got some that was made in Germany and it works GREAT! You just sponge it on and then towel it off. Cleans off the dirt and it makes the leather kinda tacky, but not sticky. I use it on my dirt bike seat to and it does the trick...

Thanks Guys! Here in horse country there shouldn't be any problem finding the products you mentioned. I really like the Corbin, but the slipping is a bit "much"! :rolleyes: \

Hopefully after treatment my tail will stop at the same time as the scoot :yahoo:

I have a couple of horse saddles that are worth several $thousand$ dollars each. I use a bunch of stuff to maintain them but the basics are Murphy’s oil soap and Lexol. Depending on the layout of the three-phase event (riding competition) and the season , I may use either Friction Wax or Sadl-tite. I really prefer the friction wax to the sadl-tite. I've added heavily sueded panels to one saddle and that really sticks quite well, if you can get a suede for your seat everything will be all better.

The Friction Wax goes on the saddle. The Sadl-tite goo is made to go on pants, seat, hands, pillion, etc, it's safe for everything.

Thanks!
Got a Corbin on order, and also a Vstream on my 07. Just checking to see if you have found a good solution to the slippery seat problem. Has it gotten better with use? Just hoping I don't notice the problem.