Small ride in the region of the bastides

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gapiob

Reaction score
Yesterday was ride time!

Since 3 months, I leaved near Bordeaux, at Begles.

Since the move, we had not yet the time to take the bike for anything other than the commut of work!

We have remedied this! 2 times last week.

My mother in law being on vacation, she kept one evening my daughter, and suddenly, after work! Hop a small ride in the vineyards, on the small road to Saint-Macaire, a medieval city.

Now, go to dinner!

And during the week end! another ride in the same area !

First stop at Créon!

church

Fortified city hall

and a curiositie! Fossilized oyster

After, we are going to Verdelais (less than 15 km)

Here, we can see the tomb of the painter Toulouse-lautrec

Way of cross

that ends in a calvary

With a nice view on the valley of the garonne

A very nice church

That last picture, in the church, is phenomenal! Thank you so much for sharing this!

it was indeed salmon, and after, a discovery for me ! a steak tartare with... Wasabi!
I like wasabi, I love steak tartare (if meat is good), so I try it, and, I love it, very curious, but very good

FJR riders are truly global.

Excellent ride report. One day I shall like to return to France and next time, ride a motorcycle while there.

And me, One day I shall like to return to USA and ride again in you're country!

smile.png

Witch part of France are you visiting?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well sadly, I've no immediate plans to visit France. The only time I've been was to the southern part (Nice, Marseille, etc). However, my 22 year old son has been 4 times now, and having just graduated from University, has taken a 1-year appointment in Bordeaux to teach English as a 2nd language. Me thinks he may not come home and as such, my wife and I will have more opportunities to visit your fine country.

In my memory, I can taste the wine ....

If you'll come to bordeaux! PM me! And of course, we will taste wine together! and others things...
Your son is fluent in French?

Latest posts