So I replaced my FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know what? I was going to make some snide off-hand comments (as I am wont to do :eek: ) about going from a Fantastic Feejer to a Bozo bike. :p

But on second thought, the world is an incredibly diverse place, with room for all sorts of folks. And none are more "worthy" than the next. You say you couldn't bring yourself to spinning up the FJR to its happy place, and that you really didn't care about it's sporting capability. Then, IMO you absolutely did the right thing in getting a true touring bike. Still not sure I'd have gone with the Vision, but if it floats your boat, then good on ya.
+1, Gunny! Very well spoken like a true Goober, Fred! Peace on Earth and Good Will to All Men! Except for Bustanut joker of course, the Jackass! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2011!
Back at ya ole' DonS.

So, you coming out for NERDS next summer?

I'd really like to 'sperience the Stanley boys live and in person (or prison, whichever).

If not then, it might have to wait till NAFO '12 - On the Road to AK!!!

Peace, Joy and Harmony! I feel so much love, I'd like to propose we all join hands and sing The Victory Motorcycle Song:

I like big butts and I can not lie

You other brothers can't deny

That when a bike rides in with an itty bitty waist

And a round thing in your face

You get sprung

Wanna pull up tough

Cuz you notice that butt was stuffed

Deep in the bags she's wearing

I'm hooked and I can't stop staring

victory-vision-8-ball-rear.jpg

Enjoy your bike, Alexi. :santasmiley:

Ho Ho Ho!!

I didn't think it was possible, but that thing is even uglier from behind than head on. :eek: Talk about yer junk in the proverbial trunk!!

And I must admit that I DO NOT LIKE BIG BUTTS. I'm not in particular need of bigger cushion, for... well you know how that goes.

morsom1.jpg

I'll take the one on the left.

Last edited by a moderator:
...I also applaud Victory ...A new Vision with all the trimmings. Power and handling and many accoutremounts that would make touring nice....Nicely made bike ...
Speaking of: didn't Polaris/Victory just announce the shut-down of their Mid-West factories in favor of Mexican production?

I recently was part of a motorcycle focus group/marketing study. In the room were a Goldwing (nice) a New Voyager, a Victory Vision and 3 different Harleys. The Kawi was nice for it's genre and the Wing is very integrated. But it is the Vision that catches my, and everyone else in the room, eye. Cool.
If that's true? (m/c focus groups applauding that...) We're all in trouble...

After a couple decades of (mainly Japanese) manufacturers falling all-over themselves trying to mimic H-D, and out-cruiser Harley, and build even more cruzers for America -- m/c focus groups still aren't satisfied? :blink:

And want even more outrageous cruisers? :eek: :unsure:

Ho Ho Ho!!

I didn't think it was possible, but that thing is even uglier from behind than head on. :eek: Talk about yer junk in the proverbial trunk!!

And I must admit that I DO NOT LIKE BIG BUTTS. I'm not in particular need of bigger cushion, for... well you know how that goes.

morsom1.jpg

The one on the left would be great on a hot summers night; but, if I ever move to Canada in Winter: I'm going with the one on the right for thermal insulation! jes' sayin'

You know what? I was going to make some snide off-hand comments (as I am wont to do :eek: ) about going from a Fantastic Feejer to a Bozo bike. :p

But on second thought, the world is an incredibly diverse place, with room for all sorts of folks. And none are more "worthy" than the next. You say you couldn't bring yourself to spinning up the FJR to its happy place, and that you really didn't care about it's sporting capability. Then, IMO you absolutely did the right thing in getting a true touring bike. Still not sure I'd have gone with the Vision, but if it floats your boat, then good on ya.
+1, Gunny! Very well spoken like a true Goober, Fred! Peace on Earth and Good Will to All Men! Except for Bustanut joker of course, the Jackass! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2011!
Back at ya ole' DonS.

So, you coming out for NERDS next summer?

I'd really like to 'sperience the Stanley boys live and in person (or prison, whichever).

If not then, it might have to wait till NAFO '12 - On the Road to AK!!!
I would love to attend NERDS! However, like usual, I've overloaded my bike tour dance card for 2011. March is Baja California, June is CFR in New Brunswick. And for my 63rd Birthday in October, I'm going to Morocco and Spain with Iberian Moto Tours. NAFO '12 it is then, On the Road to Alaska! https://www.imtbike.com/tours/morocco-adventure-tour/

Ho Ho Ho!!

morsom1.jpg

The one on the left would be great on a hot summers night; but, if I ever move to Canada in Winter: I'm going with the one on the right for thermal insulation! jes' sayin'
Don,

I have to disagree with you on this one, I rather freeze my a## of with the one on the left than be warm with a sweaty swamp a## on the right

Ho Ho Ho!!

morsom1.jpg

Don,

I have to disagree with you on this one, I rather freeze my a## of with the one on the left than be warm with a sweaty swamp a## on the right
Marcus,

Sweaty swamp ass is an affinity you acquire as you mature, like developing a taste for Scotch; sometimes at age 22 you can't appreciate Scotch, but at 62 you love it!

Enjoy it! I'm going the other way... Most of my riding is one-day 100-400 mile rides on twisty roads and the FJR is just too heavy. I'm leaning heavily towards the new 2011 Speed Triple, although I may get a Multistrada 1200S. Then again, my FJR is still like new, and I've got considerable money into it... it's a great bike, just not suited to my purposes. Every time I get serious about looking at bikes, I feel guilty and go enjoy my FJR. Maybe I keep it and get an R1 to keep it company in the garage? I don't know. I've got the new bike itch, but the FJR really is great.

I would love to attend NERDS! However, like usual, I've overloaded my bike tour dance card for 2011. March is Baja California, June is CFR in New Brunswick. And for my 63rd Birthday in October, I'm going to Morocco and Spain with Iberian Moto Tours. NAFO '12 it is then, On the Road to Alaska! https://www.imtbike.c...adventure-tour/
O'tay. We should (finally) meet in Fredrickton, then, as I'm currently planning on being there for CFR. :thumbsup:

PS - Sorry to the OP for the hiJack. Back to taking about overweight cruisers with big butts.

Hmmm... Maybe talking about DonS was on topic afterall... :p

I would love to attend NERDS! However, like usual, I've overloaded my bike tour dance card for 2011. March is Baja California, June is CFR in New Brunswick. And for my 63rd Birthday in October, I'm going to Morocco and Spain with Iberian Moto Tours. NAFO '12 it is then, On the Road to Alaska! https://www.imtbike.c...adventure-tour/
O'tay. We should (finally) meet in Fredrickton, then, as I'm currently planning on being there for CFR. :thumbsup:

PS - Sorry to the OP for the hiJack. Back to taking about overweight cruisers with big butts.

Hmmm... Maybe talking about DonS was on topic afterall... :p
+1, Gunny! See you in Canada! I love thread hijacks, always more entertaining than the original post; by a long shot!

Congrats I think. Well at least your still riding. I did take a few demo rides on the victories at Crossville TN when the factory tractor trailer came thru. Did like the floor boards and the sixth gear but much heavier bike. Not meant for riding the Dragon. But if all your time is spent long distance travel or roads like the Blue ridge Parkway still a great bike. I thought they were a bit pricey compared to the Jap bikes similar more to Harley Davidson. My wife always said I could afford Harley or Davidson but not both :lol: Still if a FJR pulls up next to you give a thumbs up but dont try to keep up in the corners or accelerating you will get dusted. Keep the rubber side down

The Victory Vision is a great motorcycle...but was too heavy for me two-up. After owning among others recently a few FJR's, Stratoliners, Raider, C109, HD Ultra Classic, and ST 1300 (33 bike total in 50 years), I owned one briefly this Fall. It did well with the rear trunk (50#) removed and was the most comfortable ride I ever had. I rode it down into the teens above zero (it's Alaska after all) and never got cold. But with the trunk and wife it was too much to handle. The build quality was excellent and it ran very well. But I traded it for a '10 HD Road Glide and am happy with that until Yamaha updates the FJR. I hope to add one to the stable again. A cruiser for sound, posing, and driving by glass windows, and a FJR for speed.

Gary in Fairbanks

As long as you're on two wheels its all good. My ride up until December 1, when I added the FJR was this C90. This bike did cross-country trips and was not just a bar-hopper, but I'm sure looking forward to the relative agility on the FJR in the Sierra.

001.jpg

USA057.jpg

As long as you're on two wheels its all good. My ride up until December 1, when I added the FJR was this C90. This bike did cross-country trips and was not just a bar-hopper, but I'm sure looking forward to the relative agility on the FJR in the Sierra.

001.jpg

USA057.jpg
Never seen one of those off a trailer...looks pretty neat on the ground. :p