Socal Ride March 27

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this thread is becoming ridiculous.
Mi Amigo, dj bill; couldn't agree with you more. Why Neil San Diego runs these absolutely roller coaster-out of control threads is totally beyond human understanding!
All ya'll should buy Neil lunch for desecrating his post. Neil's a good man and likes to eat wild beasts.
Point well taken, FJRBluesman! Neil, it'd be my pleasure to buy your lunch on Saturday 3/28. Trying to make up for what Skooty and Bluesy did to your poor thread!!
Ahhh, Don.... You're buyin' me lunch too mi amigo. ;)
:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mi Amigo, dj bill; couldn't agree with you more. Why Neil San Diego runs these absolutely roller coaster-out of control threads is totally beyond human understanding!
All ya'll should buy Neil lunch for desecrating his post. Neil's a good man and likes to eat wild beasts.
Point well taken, FJRBluesman! Neil, it'd be my pleasure to buy your lunch on Saturday 3/28. Trying to make up for what Skooty and Bluesy did to your poor thread!!
Hell Yes Bluesy, I'll buy your lunch. I'm going to Bank of America Arizona on Friday, March 26 to take out a personal loan $$$, so I can also buy johnny80s his lunch!!

Hell Yes Bluesy, I'll buy your lunch. I'm going to Bank of America Arizona on Friday, March 26 to take out a personal loan $$$, so I can also buy johnny80s his lunch!!
That's a TARP deal brother. ;)

.. Neil, it'd be my pleasure to buy your lunch on Saturday 3/28. Trying to make up for what Skooty and Bluesy did to your poor thread!!
Thanks for the offer Don, but you don't need to do that (unless, of course, you really really want to). I'm enjoying the witty repartee. ;) And good luck securing that loan for johhny80s lunch!

Damn, but I'm hankerin' for Haggis after all the talk. Maybe we will be riding past some Scotish games?

I just made my reservation on Edinburgh for July.......Hotel even has a Bollinger Champagne bar. :drinks: :drinks: can you name that hotel?

R

I just made my reservation on Edinburgh for July.......Hotel even has a Bollinger Champagne bar. :drinks: :drinks: can you name that hotel?
R
Mother of God, you're staying at The Balmoral? Old Michael is right, you do have more money than The Queen Mum. Now start planning our next year's Scotland Ride!

R
Mother of God, you're staying at The Balmoral? Old Michael is right, you do have more money than The Queen Mum. Now start planning our next year's Scotland Ride!
My son & I have been toying with the idea of renting some wheels in London & driving around a bit (still remember, tight Left-wide Right...& those darn round-a-bouts! And those pesky cameras!! A ticket a trip is my batting average! :angry: ). Would be fun to have a bunch of youse guys as well!

Yes Don the Balmoral it is.....

Salty We are going next May.....we will be seeing a bit of England, Wales and Scotland....10-14 days would be good.

R

Marcelo, the owner of Doffo Winery in Temecula, has a private collection of new and old Ducatis, about 20+ critters in his barn. He has graciously offered to open it up to us for a private showing on March 27. We will stop by his winery around 9 am to see his collection, and then head out for a ride after.
Marcelo has said that he will also offer limited (limited is key here) wine tasting for those interested, at $2 per. Usual warning applies - please be responsible.

The Plan:

Meet at the usual Shell station (Temecula Pkwy and Front St; Temecula Pkwy exit on the I15, just west of the freeway). Meet at approximately 8am. Wheels rolling at 8:30. Visit Marcelo at 9. After seeing the Ducs, continue on the ride, get lunch, ride some more, blah blah blah....

Route: TBD

Lunch: TBD

The Riders:

Neil San Diego and Janet

johhny80s

FJRBluesman

beemerdons

Santa Fe Dreaming

Coldcut

stnkbait

saltywheels

cometman

High Desert Rider

Big-D

Pegscraper and MsNASCAR

ynotride and Mrs ynotride

Slappy and Shawn

djbill

Malve

2006FJR

SnowAviation

The Undecided:

McRide

Geofizz

FJstaR

Lawrence

Fairlainer

LAroo
Neil: Can you add "Bear" a GS riding budy of mine. Thks Ghalib

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...25820&st=40 Neil, when Ghalib bumped this thread; I glanced at the list again. Fairlaner being on the undecided list does not seem correct to me; especially with dj bill signed up as one of The Riders. Richard may be incontinent, inexcusable and unintelligible, but no way undecided!!

Is there an updated list of attendees. For various reasons, several have apparently had to back out.

Don, has Skooter confirmed yet or was his permission slip denied. Are we the only Zonies making this ride?

The list is updated as far as I know. Let me know of any changes/additions/deletions that need to be done.

I will be contacting Marcelo this week and making final arrangements for his part on Saturday morning next weekend. The rest of the weekend is out of my hands. At this point, looks like the weather will cooperate, but that could change at a moments notice.

Bottom line - full speed ahead!