SoCal Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.motorcycleshows.com/long-beach Yo Neil, since you seem to be the Ringmaster for the SoCal Circus of Clowns and Jesters: Are you mokes going to the IMS Motorcycle show in Long Beach over December 7-9?
PO old man! That's my ride since I've been on the forum!!! I haven't posted it yet but I will some day.

I'll give this little SoCal Big Bear jaunt a shot. Is this the normal Shell meeting station?
https://www.azbeemers.org/forum/index.php?topic=3950.msg30587#msg30587 Listen Up Bluesy You Big Homo, we AZB already have planned this and have secured lodging. Get your scrawny ass in gear!

Travelodge

80 Atlantic Ave.

Long Beach, CA 90802

800-578-7878

562-435-2471

$89.00 a nite plus tax and SoCal fees

We AZ Beemers are planning one night only on 12/7/12.

Last edited by a moderator:
What time do want us folks to north (eh) to be at the Starbucks, KSU time, etc...?
How about KSU in Redlands for 10:30? That should give you plenty of time to quaff down a couple of Starbucks iced double frap-eh soy latte kadiddlehoppers.

Eh.

What time do want us folks to north (eh) to be at the Starbucks, KSU time, etc...?
How about KSU in Redlands for 10:30? That should give you plenty of time to quaff down a couple of Starbucks iced double frap-eh soy latte kadiddlehoppers.

Eh.
Beaty eh! Redlands Starbucks KSU 10:30am it is, but.... FYI - From Temecula to Redlands Starbucks is 53 miles about one hour to get there, sooo, not sure how far you want to stretch that out, leaving Temecula at 9:30am.
Per Google Redlands Starbucks address is:

627 Orange St # D, Redlands, CA 92374

I also did a quick Garmin MapSource from Redlands Starbucks to Old Country Inn via route Hwy18.

PM me for the route. (Disclaimer: I cannot be responsible for anyone using my map and getting lost or ending up in Canada). :blink: :huh: :dribble:

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a mapquest run, and it said about 50 minutes to Redlands, so that should give about 10 minutes in Redlands if we keep to a schedule. And another hour and a half to Big Bear. Personaly, I'm not too concerned with a schedule. I was going to call the Old Country Inn on Wednesday and see "what's what", but I don't think there should be any issues this time of year - we're sort of between seasons.

I also tried to create a route on Mapsource for the first time (new GPS owner here). I can send it to you, but I can't be responsible for it's accuracy (freakin' newbies, eh :blink: ).

Maybe you could send me your map. Getting lost and ending up in Canada may be kinda fun for the weekend...

I am in! I will meet up in Temecula.

Other than the few that I met at the long beach motorcycle show it will be the first time meeting most of you. Looking forward to it!

I like Big Bear and all, just not fond of slab riding on I-15 since I am at the SW corner of S.CA but riding with you guys is always fun....

Thanks Neil for the organizing......I may make it. I think I may have one more trip on my rear tire, need to check. Maybe need to ride the Vee.

Mark

I like Big Bear and all, just not fond of slab riding on I-15 since I am at the SW corner of S.CA but riding with you guys is always fun....

Thanks Neil for the organizing......I may make it. I think I may have one more trip on my rear tire, need to check. Maybe need to ride the Vee.

Mark
Bring the Vee and we can be the adventure contingent.

Not sure what to make of that. Maybe, sorta kinda, could be... We'll call that..."uncomitted"... ;) :D

Thanks Neil but I can't make it... Have fun you guys!
Sorry that we'll miss you Roy. Hopefully we'll see you at the tech day when we can all participate in the demolition of Richard's new 2013. :lol: