Socket - Tool Set Organizer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People often ask me why does your workbench always look like this.....

IMG_1885_zpsjlvwslie.jpg

when your tool chests always look like this.

IMG_1888_zps5zmsfvmt.jpg

IMG_1886_zpsakaooob7.jpg

IMG_1887_zpssbopa0uy.jpg

No, it's not because I never use the tools. I always put my tools back in the chests when the project is completed but always say I'll come back to clean up the bench a little later but I don't clean the bench until I need to use it for another project.

You can cut more spots with a router if you need to add tools and can find a spot for them. For me the organization was worth lossing flexibility in the drawers I added the inserts.

Full House,

The "monkey wrenches" don't see very much use. I live in an old house now so I occasionally have to get a few out for plumbing repairs. My last house didn't have threaded pipe except for the natural gas line.

The pipe wrenches belonged to my father. My mother's father and three of her five brothers were steamfitters. My father who worked in government buildings first as a coal passer then as a stationary fireman before moving on to stationary engineer often worked with my mother's brothers on side projects. By the time I became an adult, homes were rarely being built with threaded pipe anymore so I never learned how to cut and thread pipe but my dad taught me how to sweat copper fittings. My dad was a jack of all trades but I wasn't blessed with that gene.