• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD - 2006 FJR1300A with 46K miles in Houston TX - $6200

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FordBoy33

Reaction score
Reluctantly, I have decided to part with my FJR. I bought the bike from the original owner in February 2011 with 43,581 miles on it, and it now (3/18/2013) has just 46,272 miles. In over 2 years, I haven’t even put 3000 miles on this bike. With all the activities going on for my 3 kids, I just don’t get enough time to ride it, so selling it seems like the right thing to do for now. I'm asking $6200.

The bike runs and rides great, and it looks great, too! The previous owner kept it looking great and took care of regular maintenance, though he skipped the first valve check. He had the ECU/altitude recall taken care of, as he took the bike to the Rockies and beyond. When I got the bike, I had the ignition switch recall taken care of (still just 1 key for all locks!), but I elected not to do the instantaneous MPG recall due to odometer reset. I have not yet done the grounding harness recall, but while I had the tank up and left side panel off for some maintenance last weekend, I checked the S1-S5 spiders (per numbering here) and there are no signs of heat damage or corrosion on any of these spiders, even on the S4 black widow. I’ve just (at 46,102 miles) replaced the spark plugs (iridium NGK CR8EIX) and air filter, removed the PAIR components (replaced with vacuum caps and clamps), and synched the throttle bodies using Fred W.’s unauthorized TBS and my Morgan Carbtune. After buttoning it back up, Saturday I took it out and put 170 miles on it…ran great!

I changed the oil (Mobil 1 10w-40 4T) and filter (Yamaha 5JW-13440-00) and the final drive oil (Mobil 1 75W-90) in January 2012 at 45,209 miles. In September 2012 at 46,063 miles, I changed the rear tire and rear brake pads, lubed splines (final drive, wheel, drive shaft, UV joint) with Honda Moly 60 and lubed shift lever pivots.

The bike is mostly stock. The previous owner did add a G2 throttle tube (I have the old tube), a Vista Cruise, Symtec heated grips, bar ends (I have the old ones), a steering stem nut Ram ball mount (I have the old nut), and a shorter-than-stock Cee Bailey’s windshield (which is pictured on the bike now). I added the OES frame sliders and a Shorai LFX18A1-BS12 Lithium-Iron battery. The PO also removed the glove box lock (which I have) and did the throttle spring unwind. I can’t think of any other mods.

The front tire (Avon AV55 Storm ST 2 Ultra) had less than 1000 miles on it when I got the bike, so it probably has about 3500 miles on it. The rear (Avon AV56 Storm ST 2 Ultra) is brand new (as noted above) with about 200 miles on it.

The stock windshield and an additional Cee Bailey’s shield (like the one on the bike but cut down another 1.5-2 inches by PO) will come with the bike, along with the Cee Bailey’s on the bike. The saddle bag liners are in new condition. There are some other odds and ends (see picture) that will come with the bike.

The bike fell over once which caused some minor scrapes. The previous owner replaced the stator cover, the left mirror, and the clutch lever (I have the old mirror and clutch lever), but there’s a barely noticeable scuff on the front left edge of the fairing just ahead of the glove box, and a few scratches on the lower side of the left saddle bag. There are also a couple of 1/8 inch dings on the shield that’s currently on the bike. Other than those items, the bike really looks great.

The Texas title is clear and in my name, and the Texas license (October 2013) and inspection (March 2014) are current. I'm located in NW Houston. I’ll be happy to help with reasonable arrangements for an out-of-town buyer. Just let me know.

I've included a few pictures in this post, but here's the link to all the pictures (including close-ups, various parts, saddlebag liners, and the stock and cut-down Cee Bailey's shields) for those who are interested.

Left side:

20121110_163708_zpsa8da8ff5.jpg

Right side:

20121110_163816_zpsf03a88b7.jpg

Top view:

20121110_163827_zps1d340218.jpg

Front view:

20121110_162704_zps749a27da.jpg

Rear view:

20121110_163756_zpscb2df6d6.jpg

Scuff from tip-over:

20121110_163508_zpsbf73c301.jpg

Scratches on left saddlebag from tip-over:

20121110_163929_zps1ca94fa5.jpg

i had those cargo hooks (that are on the side bags) on my '08...i am trying to find them again for my '13..anyone know the brand?? I cant find my old order to reorder...(sorry for the hijack, but hope you enjoy the bump) :)