• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD: 2009 FJR1300A, Nicely Farkled, 3,472 Miles, YES Warranty Through Feb. 17, 2016

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR_Mikey

Reaction score
THIS BIKE HAS SOLD

I am the first owner. Bike has less than 4K miles. Purchased new in 2011. Send me a PM with any questions or post here.

The bike has very low miles of mostly hi-way travel, never raced. Garage kept and in showroom condition. No paint chips. Never been dropped. Full YES extended warranty through February 17, 2016.

Priced at $10,800, located in Wichita, Kansas. I will allow test-drives if you show me tangible proof you can handle such a bike. If you come riding up on a large bike, that's proof enough.

Below is the list of farkles:

• Yamaha hard saddlebags with locks

• Yamaha soft bag liners for the hard saddlebags

• 3rd lock with keys included for a Yamaha top box

• Murph’s Gel Sport Grips

• Motovation Frame Sliders

• MC Enterprises side bag crash guards

• Helibars triple clamp replacement – ½” higher, 1 ¾” closer to driver

• Helibars optional handlebar riser – ¾” higher, brings total height to 1 ¼

• Battery tender and installed hook-up

• Gerauld’s backrest and luggage rack

• WynPro bigfoot kickstand pad

• WynPro RAM ball mount with iPhone bracket

• New Russell Day-Long seat in vinyl with special basket weave finish - Passenger seat and backrest pad covered to match.

• Cee Bailey reverse flip windshield +2” x +4” – also have the OEM stock windshield.

• Carbon fiber tank protector

• Kaoko throttle lock

• All original manuals, keys, etc.

• All services and recalls are up to date

• Tires in excellent shape

Before you ask… I am not one of those motivated sellers that are will to take $9000 for this bike. In fact, it breaks my heart to sell it. With my daughter entering high school next year, my priorities are changing (for now). I’ll sell the bike if I find a buyer that’s willing to pay what it’s worth. Get it now at the beginning of riding season before I come to my senses!

I have the title in hand, so she’s ready to go to the right buyer.

Thank you for looking!

Mike

100_1406.jpg

100_1408.jpg

100_1411.jpg

100_1412.jpg

100_1431.jpg

100_1427.jpg

100_1415.jpg

100_1416.jpg

100_1417.jpg

100_1425.jpg

100_1405.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great looking low-mileage bike with some very desirable--and expensive--farkles. Anybody looking at new FJRs should think long and hard about this one, I'm thinking. In addition to the used-bike shoppers, of course. Good luck with the sale. (If the seat was made for you, you might give your height and weight, Mikey.)

Damn!!!!....this thing is locked & loaded for bear. If you thinking about a new FJR, slap yourself and drive to KS and purchase this one instead!

Good point Mike... the RDL was built for me and is only one month old. I am 6' 1" tall, 31 inseam, and weigh 265 lbs. It has RDL's heavy duty suspension build. The seat will still go in both the low and high setting just like it did with the factory set-up. I must say, it rides nice. Like night and day from the stock seat as I'm sure you already know.

really gorgeous 2009 with really great mods. If you ever want to trade the seats for my stock 2009 plus a big lump of cash, let me know. Might help lower the bike's price for some skinny short person.

really gorgeous 2009 with really great mods. If you ever want to trade the seats for my stock 2009 plus a big lump of cash, let me know. Might help lower the bike's price for some skinny short person.
Thanks for the offer, but I'm gonna keep her in one piece. I'll either sell it as a total package or keep it at home. If I keep it, I wouldn't have it without any of it's current mods. As for the seat height, as you can see by the pictures I had them keep it at the same level against the passenger seat as it was when stock. The wings rest against the upper part of your thighs giving it the illusion of being taller, but it's actually the exact same height as the stock seat was. Once I slide forward and get my thighs off the wings, I touch at the same level as the stock seat.

I also could not imagine this seat not being comfortable as heck for anyone between 150 and 300+ pounds.

Very nice bike and great price...if I did not already have a 2009, I would buy it. Yours is cheaper than what I paid for mine will less miles, and not nearly the farkles. Where did you get the back rest, my wife is on me to get one for her?

I've noticed the hard saddlebags with locks are a popular farkle on this forum. Almost everybody has them!

:assassin: Great bike good deal!

Mike,

That has to be one of the nicest, if not the nicest looking FJR's I have seen. If it had been available when I picked up my left over 2010 late last year I would snap it up in a heart beat.

jtr1174,

Regarding the backrest, it looks like the one that Premier Cycle Accessories sells.

BigPaz just listed a backrest in the flea market you might want to look at.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=144466

Jon...

jtr1174,

Regarding the backrest, it looks like the one that Premier Cycle Accessories sells.
Not PCA, but a rear rack/passenger backrest made my forum member Garauld. (See vendor section)

Garauld, or Gary, makes top notch stuff.

Wow. I didn't even know I needed a new FJR until I saw this one for sale! Nice, nice bike.

Let's see... fly to Kansas to pick up new bride. Can't register her here in SoCal until she has 7,500 (s)miles on her clock... Honeymoon in Florida... ride home with a few 'side trips... check odo reading before going to DMV... Wait, WHAT? CFO reminds me that I already have a bride and that neither SoCal law nor she allow polygamy. I point out the passenger backrest... she smiles and hides the checkbook.

It was a great dream -- and a beautiful bike.

Best of success in finding a worthy suitor!