• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

sold

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested in knowing how that GPS connects to the bike battery? Is the cable "hard wired" to the GPS? If not, what is the connection between the cable and the GPS (Mini-usb, micro-usb, other)?

Also, if you use the TYRE software for this unit, have you had any luck converting a google maps route to the TYRE in order to get it eventually into the GPS, and if so, has that gone well? I find the TYRE map of the US roads to be fairly inaccurate.

Finally, does that GPS have an audio output port for turn by turn instructions? I'd like to be able to run that through my ampli-rider so I can hear "Debbie" tell me where to turn in my ear buds.

Thanks.

The gps connects to an easy to use mount with an included ram ball. The cable could be hardwired to the bike but I put a plug on my other one to make it easy to move between bikes,

I haven't played with Tyre.

I don't believe there is a hard wired audio out, but the unit is bluetooth, You could use a BT adapter on your amplirider.

$300 on Amazon now. Your's is a great deal.

I use a TomTom on my Tenere. Takes some time to adjust to the difference in operating systems between it and the Garmin on my FJR, but I like the TomTom just fine. I do not want to listen to anything or anyone while riding, and I do not use any sort of route planning software so I cannot help you there.

Latest posts