Southeastern RTE?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pop's 89th birthday in Florence, SC. (Nice video!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be somewhere in the northeast that weekend and following week. Going to go chase roadrunner around the Adirondacks.

There is iron in Rbentnail's words for all FJR riders to see (1).
Bayou Smokehouse in Banner ELK, 1:00 PM Sept 12 is where I'll be. Anywhere 2 or more gather in the name of riding there to eat, it shall be called a RTE!

(1)

edited to add footnote and bibliogratube to avoid accusations of plagiarism.
LMAO!! I immediately thought, "The hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."

Personally, I think the best RTE planning is exactly what Uncle Hud did in post #1: Someone takes the reins, starts a new thread and says,.....
There is iron in Rbentnail's words for all FJR riders to see (1).

Bayou Smokehouse in Banner ELK, 1:00 PM Sept 12 is where I'll be. Anywhere 2 or more gather in the name of riding there to eat, it shall be called a RTE!

edited to add footnote and bibliogratube to avoid accusations of plagiarism.
Consider starting a new thread? Probably better than continuing to drag it out in this one, just my us$0.02.

In any case, my calendar is marked, I'm penciled in. I'll be there if I can. Gladly it's not nearly the distance for me that the last RTE was. Whew!

So, any case, here's my routing. Start bottom right, purple to, red from.

Banner%20Elk_zps6yc0hsjg.jpg

Not gonna be able to make that one. Not with my work schedule anyway. No way I could grab a nap like I did last time and still make it that far, and then be back to work at 10:00 PM on Saturday night with some sleep time. Might be able to do one like that on a Sunday. Could ride then just get a motel in the area that night. My "weekend" starts At 8 AM on Sunday morning. So you guys will have to do with some inferior BBQ sauce this time. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucky for me it's closer than the last one so I won't have to get up nearly as early after getting home at midnight-ish. Plus I don't work that night.

Welp, I got a fella to ride along with me. He's a Honda cruiser guy but I don't (and hopefully yooze guys won't) hold it against him. I figured a) he likes to ride and 2) he likes to eat so I asked him if he wanted to go. In fact he and I were riding when he took me to the bbq place in Blowing Rock I mentioned earlier.