Spa day at NAFO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend, Donna, mentioned Ainsworth Hot Springs as well. No spa services but cool looking hot springs. B)
Miss Tyler, Seth and I would be interested in a day ride out to Ainsworth Hot Springs with you. At CFR 2009 in Nakusp we Stanley Boys rode out to a hot springs that looked very similar, but on a much smaller scale; it was a fun Father-Son day, they had a snack bar and beverages.
YAY!!! :)

EDIT: If there is a group of people interested in this, I'd be happy to set up a group booking (15 or more people).

Hot Springs Public Hours – 10am until 9:30pm, 365 days/year.
Single Entry

Adult - $11.00

Senior - $10.00

Student - $10.00

Group bookings for the Hot Springs are encouraged. The term "group" constitutes more than 15 people with payment made by one person. Please contact our group bookings and ask about our pre-paid group discounts and bus parking. Rates are subject to change without notice.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Wife, allpassenger, and I are in for Wed overnight at Halcyon Springs. She's psyched. One of her favorite things in life is a Spa Day. I guess that makes 2 of us, especially after 4-5 days in the saddle.

BTW, looks like we're leaving the previous Sat or Sun from Seattle and tooling around in BC for the 4-5 days leading up to this. Anyone else going to be around up there at the same time?

We're starting out with an overnight at Harrison Hotsprings. The rest is up in the air for now.
Gordon,

Check with Sportsguy (Duane) he is leaving a few days earlier, not sure what his plans are.

Also looks like there's a nice loop to get there and back... B)
That looks like a good days ride and soak. What day you thinking?
I'd personally prefer Saturday... I may need a down day off the bike on Friday... but if the general consensus would prefer Friday, I could be swayed... :D
Ms. Tyler, once you decide on a day of your choice, consider sending a PM to Rallymaster FJRGuy to have Jeff put the loop on the Rides Section of the NAFO web page.

The Wife, allpassenger, and I are in for Wed overnight at Halcyon Springs. She's psyched. One of her favorite things in life is a Spa Day. I guess that makes 2 of us, especially after 4-5 days in the saddle.

BTW, looks like we're leaving the previous Sat or Sun from Seattle and tooling around in BC for the 4-5 days leading up to this. Anyone else going to be around up there at the same time?

We're starting out with an overnight at Harrison Hotsprings. The rest is up in the air for now.
Sounds like you will be 'in my backyard'for a few days.

I am planning to leave Kamloops on Wed. 20th and overnight in Kaslo (because it's one of my favorite places), rather than taking the direct route (boring!) to Castlegar.

Also, the Nakusp (love the bakery!)/New Denver/Kaslo road is a really fun ride.

PM me if you want to catch up somewhere.

Al

Also looks like there's a nice loop to get there and back... B)
Tyler.

I was just talking to a couple who had a weekend at Ainsworth, they were very impressed.

Also, that loop is a nice ride as long as you don't meet up with a motor home procession up the Slocan or through Nelson.

Al

Do you think the spa can help me with this??

CA05181207032530-L.jpg

I had an oops with the dirt bike on the weekend. After icing it for a few days I think I can get my riding boot on now.

I waited a few days to see if it would get better on its own but the swelling got worse and I went an saw my doctor yesterday and he sent me straight over to Emergency. The big concern was blood clots but the blood work came back OK. I have to go for an ultrasound today. I'm still able to walk though somewhat gingerly and not too far. I can make it from the truck into Tim Horton's and that's as far as I need to go anyways.

Hope to have this well on the mend soon since departure date for NAFO is about 3 weeks away.

Wowser Wilhelm, very sorry to hear this and I truly hope you are 100% very soon. But as young as you are though, you should heal up really quickly. Ha, ha!

It is really disappointing to Tucson Joe and Papa Chuy: That we teach you, rushes and fjrrider all we know about dirt bike riding and you Hosers still feck it up!

That is some bruise. Hope it dissipates soon!

Probably first has to turn that weird greenish color.