Split: Off-topic about 595 function

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N4HHE

Reaction score
Comes 4 months too late for me, bought a 595.

Mostly happy. Not happy about the media player cancelling shuffle play on my iPhone EVERY time the two connect. Not happy at how the Garmin's shuffle play button is almost impossible to read its state as to whether engaged or not.

About half the time I check weather I get an internal server error or some such message. I bought the lifetime subscription.

TPMS is nice, essential even, but clumsy. The sensor sleeps when not rolling, which is good. But to read the sensor one has to pop up to the home screen, select Apps, scroll down, and only then is the Tire Pressure "app" accessible. Can't do this before riding because the sensors are asleep. Guess if pressures fall below set alerts I'll be notified but I'd really like the ability to check with minimal pain same as I could on my BMW F800S (with factory TPMS). At the least it should be available on the app screen accessible from map display.

N4HHE, you can be sure some of the bugs will be worked out of the 595 with firmware updates as they have been with the 590. You need to add the TPMS app the Map Tools (icon at lower right of map). It's the same place the media player, weather, traffic and other apps are accessed. In a safe location, select Settings>Map & Vehicle>Map Tools. With the TPMS app in the Map Tools, you won't have to dig so deep into the settings menus.

Tom, can you add the TPMS app to the Map Tools? Going into that section under Settings I have all the usual with the option to Select or not but there's no TPMS option there. I agree it would be nice not to have to back all the way out of the Map each time I'd like to check it. Same issue when using Pandora also.

BTDT, didn't work. Can't figure out on 595 how to add items to that menu so they can be enabled for access in Map Tools, and tire pressure is not an option.

However playing with the Trip Data map tool found I now have the option of replacing any of the three fields with full time live TPMS pressures. This wasn't visible until I paired Garmin TPMS sensors to the unit. This is just what I wanted!

Enable "Trip Data" in Map Tools. Then in the map bring up the Trip Data app. Click a field to change and find your tire pressures in the list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I don't have the TPMS and took it for granted it could be added to map tools.

N4HHE, good on you for figuring out how to enable it in the trip data! Just one touch to access.

I don't think it's in the Garmin manual.

Another issue is in joining a route midway. One can select a waypoint to resume from but there is no hint or assistance in finding the nearest.