Springtime in Minnesota

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcasey

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just wanted to share my first ride of the spring, a feeling I'm sure you have all experienced.

We had an 81 degree day today, which is very warm for March in MN. I put the battery back in my '06A, checked the tire pressure and the fluid levels, turned the key on and off three times to prime the FI, hit the starter button, and she fired off on the first pop. What a wonderful sound and feeling.

I let her warm up to four bars and took off. She ran and handled exactly as she did when I put her up last fall. I had a wonderful couple hour ride through the farm country here. I am still smiling I'm sure.

What a wonderful machine. I know I am preaching to the choir but I had to share the feeling.

Unfortunately, the weather is going back to reality tomorrow, but that don't matter. The first ride of spring was wonderful. Ride safe and enjoy.

John

I saw an '03 on the way to the office in MPLS yesterday morning, and later fired mine ('04) up for a short Spring first ride too!

Now, back to your regularly scheduled Minnesota March.

Shane

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, we had spring in Montana last week, too - temps in the mid-60s and 70s. Forecast for today and tomorrow: 6-12 inches of snow in the upper elevations, probably cold rain in the valleys. Still, the cover comes off and the battery goes in this weekend. Gotta scratch the itch.

I rode mine to work in Mpls yesterday too! Perfect weather. Left work early today to go riding and got caught in a huge storm by St. Cloud :angry2: , at least the rain might wash some of this gravel off of the roads around here!!!!

Hello all,I just wanted to share my first ride of the spring, a feeling I'm sure you have all experienced.

We had an 81 degree day today, which is very warm for March in MN. I put the battery back in my '06A, checked the tire pressure and the fluid levels, turned the key on and off three times to prime the FI, hit the starter button, and she fired off on the first pop. What a wonderful sound and feeling.

I let her warm up to four bars and took off. She ran and handled exactly as she did when I put her up last fall. I had a wonderful couple hour ride through the farm country here. I am still smiling I'm sure.

What a wonderful machine. I know I am preaching to the choir but I had to share the feeling.

Unfortunately, the weather is going back to reality tomorrow, but that don't matter. The first ride of spring was wonderful. Ride safe and enjoy.

John
+1 - On Saturday I warmed it up, changed the oil, checked the tires and added air. I did see another 06 FJR up in Dayton, MN on Saturday afternoon, anybody from the Forum ??. 81 on Monday is unreal for March - shorts, Tshirt, sunglasses, :yahoo: