Squidley in Bonsall

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale Franks

Reaction score
4:15 PM, August 5th, 2008. Bonsall, California. South on Camino Del Rey.

I saw your silver, Gen I FJR. You were riding with the hard bags off, just like me.

Unlike me, you were wearing a T-shirt, shorts, and tennis shoes. I know you saw me in my hi-vis yellow.

And, I saw you, squid boy.

I saw your silver, Gen I FJR. You were riding with the hard bags off, just like me.

Unlike me, you were wearing a T-shirt, shorts, and tennis shoes. I know you saw me in my hi-vis yellow.

so i guess your saying only a full leather booted rider is cool,easy freddy spencer.

I know there are a lot of riders, including on this forum, who don't like to be Gear Nazis and dictate or even judge what others ought to wear. But when it comes to the wave, I don't wave at squids dressed like you mention anymore than I would wave at someone in a car, because I have nothing in common with them (instead of the wave they'll often see me doing the head shake). And I don't generally associate with stupid people once I know they're stupid. Riders in shorts, t-shirts, and tennis shoes have a sign on their forehead reading "stupid."

Last edited by a moderator:
[...] I don't generally associate with stupid people once I know they're stupid. Riders in shorts, t-shirts, and tennis shoes have a sign on their forehead reading "stupid."
I'm with you JB. Besides, it can put a real damper on riding plans when I have to stop to hold my riding partner's head together .... because he was too cool to wear a helmet....while we wait for the EMTs to arrive after his squidly crash. :rolleyes:

(Disclaimer: Of course, crashes may happen and I will be willing to help. The point is that I have little mercy for those who bring bigger problems upon themselves with their negligent behavior. Best to avoid the dumb riding buddies.)

We're still brothers even when one of us is acting stupid. Common interest doesnt mean we are exactly alike. We dont have to agree on everything to agree on something.

We're still brothers even when one of us is acting stupid. Common interest doesnt mean we are exactly alike. We dont have to agree on everything to agree on something.
I disagree with that!
So next time there is a law to be voted on, that significantly impacts our freedom of riding, you want their votes thrown out because you dont agree with their riding style.

i wear a helmet,its so i can at least have open casket,i have totalled a bike in my day,no leathers,road rash yes but that was my choice,you wear your full leathers and if thats what you like great,dont condem or call stupid someone who doesnt wear them.you sound like a harley rider with that crap rollin off your keyboard.you know what i mean...harleys are the only real bike,not a rice burner............wtf

I disagree with that!
So next time there is a law to be voted on, that significantly impacts our freedom of riding, you want their votes thrown out because you dont agree with their riding style.
Joke! It was a joke!

i wear a helmet,its so i can at least have open casket,i have totalled a bike in my day,no leathers,road rash yes but that was my choice,you wear your full leathers and if thats what you like great,dont condem or call stupid someone who doesnt wear them.you sound like a harley rider with that crap rollin off your keyboard.you know what i mean...harleys are the only real bike,not a rice burner............wtf
Yeah, well at least I wasn't absent that day in 5th grade when they taught spelling and capitalization... :p

I was on I-15 en route to Victorville this weekend and saw a semi-squid on a sportbike. Sneakers, jeans, tee shirt, full face helmet, no gloves.

And some sort of back protector built into the vest he was wearing over the tee shirt. :huh:

Rancho

My personal favorite that I frequently see..... the back protector over the t-shirt but no helmet! :huh:

Maybe they're confused about where their brains are located!