• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Stiffy, Brodie ground kit, left side luggage rear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

propbuildervash

Reaction score
Hello!

I am looking for the following items for my 2010, if you happen to have these parts and no longer need them please let me know.

1. A "stiffy" subframe reinforcement kit
2. Brodie spider bite ground harness

Got the luggage!
3. A left side luggage, this can be just a functional rear section with no lid. One of my hooks broke off so I need a new rear section or a whole replacement clutch side luggage in liquid silver.

Last edited:
Hello!

I am looking for the following items for my 2010, if you happen to have these parts and no longer need them please let me know.

3. A left side luggage, this can be just a functional rear section with no lid. One of my hooks broke off so I need a new rear section or a whole replacement clutch side luggage in liquid silver.
I have a silver left side pannier (non-color matched to my blue 2006) that I hope to be re-selling for the $150 I paid for it — IF the opportunity to buy a blue LH bag comes through. I’m working on it! LMK if you want to raise your hand for the silver one, if/when available.

I know that it may not be practical for all damaged cases, but when I crashed last year (1 year ago today), it tore one plastic hook off each bag. I was able to tap the plastic hook back into place and use the tool listed below to put about 8 to 10 metal reinforcement pieces into the plastic welds and have used the bags several times since, before my new bags showed up for my 2022 model. Just thought I would share what worked for me to get my bags working.

https://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Weld...&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583451683911516&th=1

Hello!

Got the luggage!
Until you locate a Brodie harness add a second ground wire to #4 near the ignition switch and the next ground connector with the distribution clips that they call "Spider" add a second ground wire to it. Unhook the connectors and use a pic to remove the 6 legged clip and solder a wire to it and ground the other end #6 is under the glove box. While you have the spider clip out use Ox Guard anti corrosion paste on all of those clips. Number 4 and 6 are the main two do this until you find a Brodie.

There use to be a link here with part# of these connections to make your own.
Rebentnail a mod here has a link with location of all these connectors and what effects the other devices from the spider clip if it over heats and burns the wires and ground is lost to other items.