Stock FJR Windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

painman

Reaction score
Since the stock window on my 06 is scratched up, (by some moron who put it together new), and I like it in the warm temps in Nor Cal and I want to swap it out with my V-Stream for summer, my question is, if you buy a new stock replacement windshield does it now have the "protective coating" that it didn't have in 2006? I know in the ads on the 08's it says the new windows now have a protective coating. Any help? PM. <>< :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
The '05's did/do so... Why on earth would you use the V-Stream in the summer? :dntknw:
TW, I'm swapping out the V-Stream with the stock window for summer. I'm currently running the V-Stream and want to replace it with the stock window for warmer temps. Guess I'll have to call a dealer, heaven forbid to answer this question. PM. <>< <_<

The '05's did/do so... Why on earth would you use the V-Stream in the summer? :dntknw:
TW, I'm swapping out the V-Stream with the stock window for summer. I'm currently running the V-Stream and want to replace it with the stock window for warmer temps. Guess I'll have to call a dealer, heaven forbid to answer this question. PM. <>< <_<
Have you tried polishing the stock windshield? I've seen plastic polishes, like for example flitz, and some other polish that is used with those puff-balls that you put on a drill, take what I thought was a uselessly scratched windshield and make it look great.

Latest posts