"Stock" handlebars adjustable v Storz adapter?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@FTL900:

Thanks for the photo, from what you are showing here, perhaps I have another "notch" to go backwards on with my Heli contraption. I can see yours clearly showing "Helibars" on your device, but on mine I thought that the back edge of the handlebar "flange" was already hanging over the base, but I can only read half or less of the "Helibars" word . . . so perhaps it could move back a tad bit more?? I guess now I'll have to do the work of popping the handlebar up and checking what is under that rock.

Hard to say whether that would actually be going in the right direction, as I think we both agree that the bar riser dealies mostly lift the bar up . . . too high . . . and don't bring them back enough, etc . . . . Seems like bringing the bar flange back even more of a cantilever over the base would reduce mechanical advantage and rely more on just the bolts . . . .

Well, I do know that Renthal is a respected name in handlebars, I remember seeing one other Konk guy who had his bike set up with a Renthal dirt bike bar with the cross brace across the top . . . guess he was either a very hard rider or did some off-roading with his bike??? Let me know how you like the FJR with the "tubester" . . . .

There are at least a couple of heli configuraitons, bt I took one bar off to see what was under it, and there weren't any other movement options- it only goes on there one way.

I just got a shipment notification that the new top triple conversion part was shipped... from Europe. So it'll probably be here by mid-summer.

@FTL900:

Thanks for the post . . . I tried to do the same thing this morning, but it's one of those, "For want of a 2.5mm hex key . . ." deals . . . not supplied in the official "tool bag" either . . . . So, good to know that going to get one would have been a waste of time . . . .

In a minute or two I'll try to flip an email to Storz and see if they offer anything similar to what they had for the Konk . . . CA based company, might be able to make something "custom" before the part arrives to you from EU??? : - ))))) Doesn't seem likely they will, but, no harm in asking . . . .

PS: Looks like Mr Storz has no plans to make his bar conversion adapter at this time. Have to try a longer ride today to check how well raising the seat has done to improve the hand numbness issue.

Last edited by a moderator: