Successful SS1000!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wesseld

Reaction score
I finally successfully completed a Saddlesore 1000 run this past Friday, after a failed attempt last month due to a flat tire in Albuquerque (see my other thread for that trip). I started at 2:20am in Phoenix, then on to Tucson, then Las Cruces, NM, then Albuquerque, NM, then Flagstaff, then back to Phoenix by 9:02pm. 1180 miles in just under 19 hours. Absolutely clear skies the whole trip, but a little chilly in south eastern AZ and southern NM, down to 30* at times, and very windy in northern NM. Good thing I had just bought a heated vest and heated gloves. No photos this trip, and no drama, just riding fast and buying gas. To save time, I actually took off only one glove to fill the gas tank and make a restroom stop. I brought some turkey jerky, nuts, water and gatorade so I didn't have to stop and eat anywhere. Thanks to everyone that offered advice and assistance.Don

And you see, your previous failed attempt was a much better story! It's not an adventure if nothing happens, and adventures make for great stories
biggrin.png

Congrats on getting it done, now the wait for the certificate and plate frame to come in.
biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!!!!

Turn in your paperwork. It took about 8 weeks for the magic envelope of certification to arrive in my mailbox.

Congrats on the ride!

I like your starting time. Make 2 copies of your receipts, one for certification and one for your records. That register tape will turn white over time with ink fading to blank. Don't ask me how I know:.(

Keep copies of everything until the cert. comes in the mail. (Just in case) And now I am wondering... Any other rides in the planning?

Again congrats on your ride!

Congrats!

I had to bail on my first attempt when I rode into an epic storm and decided to live and ride another day. A few months later and bang, like yours, it went smooth! Just over 19 hrs as well.

Gave me a great perspective on the multi-day rally riders!

Big Congrats on completing your first IBA ride. Feels good doesn't it? The continent is now your backyard.

Now I need to go and check to see if my reciepts have all faded to white. <sigh>

Congratulations on your Plan B success.

Clearly your route selection & planning - minus the flat tire - were a good formula for success. Now that you've experienced the sweetness of success, the horizons of your dreams are broader...

Last edited by a moderator: