Sunday Ride Near Milan

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teerex51

The Italian Scallion
Reaction score
Milan in North-Western Italy is probably the area with the largest FJR concentration in the country.

A small group of us (8 bikes) met up for a Sunday ride.

As could be expected in this heat, we spent 2 hours on the road and 3 hours in a restaurant :D

Here's a few of our rides

IMG_0022.jpg

and their owners

IMG_0053.jpg

Stef

Your Italians,

of course you spent 3 hours in a restaurant. :D

That black one sure looks pretty.

Ride safe

Larry

Your Italians,
of course you spent 3 hours in a restaurant. :D

That black one sure looks pretty.

Ride safe

Larry
Not to high-jack your thread, Stef, but the black one looks great, and so does the red, and I'm not a guy who likes red!

We almost had the whole Yamaha color spectrum there, since every Feejer color except this year two-tone was represented.

But you could not beat the looks of this awesome fish & shellfish stew that we had reserved in advance....

CIMG0041.JPG

The amount of cold white wine that washed it down was not funny either.

Stef

PS: We all made it home safe :D

Yumm,

My Grandma (born in Genoa) used to make a seafood stew that looked like that.

my grandpa (born in a tiny village in Sicily) loved his white wine.

I'm hungry

Larry

Makes me glad to be a US model owner. Though the black and red FJR's look sexay, I don't care for the YAMAHA label on the tank. The tuning forks are way schweeter.

lawinter,

those Sicilian white wines are murderous.

I've got this story for you. Heck, let me hijack my own thread :blink: .

In 1992 I moved back to Italy from England and for a while I had a cage with British plates .

On a short vacation in Sicily I drove away from my hotel on the coast to explore the back roads. Found a nice little restaurant and had a great dinner and killed a bottle of chilled white wine :nono: . It went down like San Pellegrino. Yeah, right.

Back in the car I no longer had a clue how to get back to my hotel. I saw a dark blue Carabinieri-police cruiser parked down the road, so I crept past it, pulled up some three car lengths away and I walked up to the cops trying to fly as straight and level as I could.

They gave me all directions on how to return to my hotel and I thanked them. To them I was ostensibly a Brit who spoke flawless Italian.

A few hundred yards down the road I realized I was brain-dead and I no longer remembered word one of what they'd told me. :stunned:

Next thing I know, my rearview mirror is full of flashing lights. Uh-oh, I thought, I'm busted. :oops:

One of the 2 fierce-looking cops in the car made the "follow me" gesture and zoomed away. I followed their cruiser for 12 miles and the next thing I know I'm standing in front of my hotel.

The cops came out of their blue Alfa and snapped a salute: "You're home now, sir."

By that time I was sober enough to invite them in and we had a cup of coffee together :puke: .

Needless to say, I will never forget this little episode and will try to stay away from Sicilian white wines.:thumbup:

Stef

Last edited by a moderator:
More stories and pictures, please. :p

Btw, what is in that fish and shellfish stew, specifically what kind of fish and shellfish?

It looks yummy!

lawinter,
those Sicilian white wines are murderous.

I've got this story for you. Heck, let me hijack my own thread :blink: .

In 1992 I moved back to Italy from England and for a while I had a cage with British plates .

On a short vacation in Sicily I drove away from my hotel on the coast to explore the back roads. Found a nice little restaurant and had a great dinner and killed a bottle of chilled white wine :nono: . It went down like San Pellegrino. Yeah, right.

Back in the car I no longer had a clue how to get back to my hotel. I saw a dark blue Carabinieri-police cruiser parked down the road, so I crept past it, pulled up some three car lengths away and I walked up to the cops trying to fly as straight and level as I could.

They gave me all directions on how to return to my hotel and I thanked them. To them I was ostensibly a Brit who spoke flawless Italian.

A few hundred yards down the road I realized I was brain-dead and I no longer remembered word one of what they'd told me. :stunned:

Next thing I know, my rearview mirror is full of flashing lights. Uh-oh, I thought, I'm busted. :oops:

One of the 2 fierce-looking cops in the car made the "follow me" gesture and zoomed away. I followed their cruiser for 12 miles and the next thing I know I'm standing in front of my hotel.

The cops came out of their blue Alfa and snapped a salute: "You're home now, sir."

By that time I was sober enough to invite them in and we had a cup of coffee together :puke: .

Needless to say, I will never forget this little episode and will try to stay away from Sicilian white wines.:thumbup:

Stef
I remember when the LEO's were like that here. It was nice for the person being "helped" but I've got to say I prefer the less "foggy" drivers on the roads now.

what is in that fish and shellfish stew, specifically what kind of fish and shellfish?
FJRSTAR,

That's the $64,000 question! :)

Lemme see: mussels, clams, shrimps, crawfish, seabass and assorted rock fish that it'd take CSI's old Grissom to identify. The sauce is tomato, chili, garlic, pepper and probably some white wine thrown in.

Here's another picture of our outing. You'll notice that a Suzuki maxi-scooter had infiltrated our ranks. This FJR rider said he'd bring his wife but forgot to mention she'd be riding that bathtub :unsure: .

IMG_0044.jpg

Nice pics Stef and BTW you are one lucky tinny arsed SOB!
Thug,

Yes, that was a lucky break but I'm older and wiser now. I haven't put myself in a situation like that since -- as far as I can remember. Then again, I suffer from selective amnesia... :(

Stef

Last edited by a moderator: