Sunday Ride - TWO to Tellico Plains & Cherohala

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasportrider

gasportrider
Reaction score
Hi All,

Between the hot weather and a whole lot of rain, I think by the time the weekend rolls around, I'm gonna feel the NEED for (I forgot but the [SIZE=24pt]FJR[/SIZE] can provide it!).

I guess it is way too soon for a weather forecast (put your finger in the air, check for a stiff wind, and then look up and see if a raindrop falls in your eye).

However, if it looks nice, I'm up for a ride to Tellico Plains and the Cherohala via the Ocoee Scenic Parkway and TN 30.

If you're up for it, please POST here on this thread and let's meet at 10 AM Sunday at TWO for a great ride.

We have a bunch of new FJR owners that have not met ANY fellow FJR riders as yet. Put something fun on your list of things to do on this Holiday weekend and Let's RIDE!

-------

2wheelingdawg1973 - 2008

Rest in Peace Our FJR Riding Friend

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,
Between the hot weather and a whole lot of rain, I think by the time the weekend rolls around, I'm gonna feel the NEED for (I forgot but the [SIZE=24pt]FJR[/SIZE] can provide it!).

I guess it is way too soon for a weather forecast (put your finger in the air, check for a stiff wind, and then look up and see if a raindrop falls in your eye).

However, if it looks nice, I'm up for a ride to Tellico Plains and the Cherohala via the Ocoee Scenic Parkway and TN 30.

If you're up for it, please POST here on this thread and let's meet at 10 AM Sunday at TWO for a great ride.

We have a bunch of new FJR owners that have not met ANY fellow FJR riders as yet. Put something fun on your list of things to do on this Holiday weekend and Let's RIDE!
You know,,,,, someone is going to have to post an area that has all the acronyms you folk use, (TWO?). Ok, I was getting off track for a minute. I live on Hwy 30 in Dayton, and if nothing pressing is happening on Sunday... My Wife and I will be there. Or is this a singles ride? Acronyms for riders with no safety clothing, riders with some safety clothing, sheeesh... I can't keep up. Besides I'm getting old and CRS!! Hey I did it. :clapping:

I guess we would have to meet you in Telico. Then you plan to ride the Cherohala, then south? back into Georgia?

OK, did enough searching and found what TWO is also...

Fubar, I saw an area like you're talking about. I "think" that it was under the newb info.

Not trying to hijack. Sure would like to meet you guyz... I already have camping plans in WV

Have a ho lotta' fun guys, Heidi

Edited to add: here it is Fubar... but TWO isn't in there. TWO is for Two Wheels Only Motorcycle Resort on Rte 60 in Suches, GA

That link is here. The info that you seek is a little less than 1/2 way down the page.

Ythe acronyms you folk use, (TWO?).
VFR.....Visual Flight Rules. I overheard someone use that once a long time ago. Thought it sounded neat.

ETA.....Estimated Time of Arrival.

Besides I'm getting old and CRS!! Hey I did it. :clapping:
Let me guess, CSR--short for…Can’t Read Scandinavian? :rolleyes:
:bike:

Here's another aviation acronym for you...

IFR - Idiots Follow Railroads (Instrument Flight Rules)

VFR - (Visual Flight Rules)

There's lots more. Since the FJR looks like a jet airplane with wheels, just seems natural to use aviation acronyms and terminology.

However, if it looks nice, I'm up for a ride to Tellico Plains and the Cherohala
Here’s hoping for good weather too! Meaning VFR w/o rain!!! :bike:

Have you got an ETA for Tellico?

I think we will be in Tellico Plains at around 1PM where we'll gas up at the BP and then mosey across the street to our motorcycle friendly restaurant, the Tellico Cafe.

After a great lunch under $10, we do a controlled flight up the the crest of the Cherohala. That will be about 40 miles or so of some of the sweetest sweepers you've ever seen.

When we get to the crest at about 5,400 feet of altitude, the choices are to turn around and head back down the mountain on the TN side and back to Georgia via TN 68 that is also a terrific mountain road. When we get to GA, it will be back down GA60. I know it's a tough job; but somebody's got to do it. Arrival at TWO should be around 4PM.

At the crest, we can also decide to motor onward to the east where I know a really curvy shortcut over to the Tail of the Dragon. There, we can relax a bit and admire the holiday weekend scene at THE GAP and then motor to the south via either 28 to 129 or 28 to Wayah Bald Road and then on toward TWO where we should be by about 5PM.

Anybody needing to head off toward home in another direction can certainly do so. We would like to be informed though before the split!

Let's giddah up and go!

Here's another aviation acronym for you...IFR - Idiots Follow Railroads (Instrument Flight Rules)

There's lots more. Since the FJR looks like a jet airplane with wheels, just seems natural to use aviation acronyms and terminology.
Thanks, but I got those... :lol: I have this ticket in my wallet called a pilot's license. I'm just not up on the "squids" and all the other acronyms used on here. :huh:

Here's another aviation acronym for you...IFR - Idiots Follow Railroads (Instrument Flight Rules)
LOL…Great!
Fubar wrote, "I have this ticket in my wallet called a pilot's license." Far out! :thumbsupsmiley: IMO

And now back to your regular scheduled thread. Sorry about the OT stuff gp. :oops:

You know,,,,, someone is going to have to post an area that has all the acronyms you folk use, (TWO?). Ok, I was getting off track for a minute. I live on Hwy 30 in Dayton, and if nothing pressing is happening on Sunday... My Wife and I will be there. Or is this a singles ride? Acronyms for riders with no safety clothing, riders with some safety clothing, sheeesh... I can't keep up. Besides I'm getting old and CRS!! Hey I did it. :clapping:
I guess we would have to meet you in Telico. Then you plan to ride the Cherohala, then south? back into Georgia?

Fubar, I thought anybody close enough to JAWJA to do a day ride would know that TWO stands for Two Wheels Only, www.twowheelsonly.com. It is a wonderful campground, lodge, restaurant and generally great hang out with a super porch for MOTORCYLES ONLY. We're gonna be having a rally there in October. Come on down!

Our ride plan will allow us to meet you AND your lovely bride at several points along the way. You could ride on down to TWO, we could meet you at GA515 and GA60 at the Marathon Station, at the intersection of US64, the Ocoee Scenic Parkway and TN30 or, as you say, at the Tellico Cafe.

Let us know where to find you and your bride. We'll be glad to have you join up.

PS, pass the word to all your TN buddies and have them join you and us for the October rally at TWO!!

I had two VFR's. I called it a Very Fine Ride.

High on the tach, it was also a Veritable F'ing Rocket!!

Fubar, I thought anybody close enough to JAWJA to do a day ride would know that TWO stands for Two Wheels Only, www.twowheelsonly.com. It is a wonderful campground, lodge, restaurant and generally great hang out with a super porch for MOTORCYLES ONLY. We're gonna be having a rally there in October. Come on down!

Our ride plan will allow us to meet you AND your lovely bride at several points along the way. You could ride on down to TWO, we could meet you at GA515 and GA60 at the Marathon Station, at the intersection of US64, the Ocoee Scenic Parkway and TN30 or, as you say, at the Tellico Cafe.

Let us know where to find you and your bride. We'll be glad to have you join up.

PS, pass the word to all your TN buddies and have them join you and us for the October rally at TWO!!
:lol: There ya go again.... JAWJA?

Will check my schedule for the ride. CRS = can't remember shit

Hi All,

what is the blast off time from TWO?
Look up ^