Super Tech 7317 outsourced to different vendor?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greb

Reaction score
I searched using google and couldn't find a previous posting of this on FJRForum.

Good info for those that use the Super Tech 7317

There are versions of the 7317 made in Mexico which are not as good according to the author of this report

Filter report

All the Super Tech filters I've used have been stickered with "Product of the USA". I'll keep my eye out for the Mexican manufactured version with the plastic relief valve in the future.

I also couldn't find that post. I was at Wally World the other day and the ST7317's marked made in the USA also have the plastic blue plug at the bottom. Just sayin'

I'm not sure I'll switch to anyting else right now, time will tell.

I also couldn't find that post. I was at Wally World the other day and the ST7317's marked made in the USA also have the plastic blue plug at the bottom. Just sayin'

I'm not sure I'll switch to anyting else right now, time will tell.
I use Supertech in my bike and my cars. I only wish I could get one to fit my Diesel. As far as I know, they are made for Walmart by the Champion company (not the sparkplug people).

I, too read that report and the ones I picked up last weekend had the blue plug and were made in the USA. What is the world coming to?

I just changed oil and filter and I was not able to find ANY SuperTech oil filters at a local Walmart on Mar 16, 2012.

A store associate told me the ST products had been replaced by Purolator products.

The 6017A was listed as the filter for most of the Yamaha bikes, but not specifically the FJR,

in the cross-reference book there.

I could not find ST oil filters on the Walmart website just now either.

Anyone else had this experience at their local Walmart recently?

If the ST7317s are really gone, does that mean there is an opening for a new

"Which cheap oil filter is best for my FJR" thread? :rolleyes:

Latest posts