Support for changing both tires

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck with the Conti Road Attacks, they stick like glue but at the price. I only got 2100 miles and the steel cord was showing. IIRC the cost per mile was .11 cents. Not very good. I live in Bonne Terre, I would be happy to change them for you. $55.00 on the bike.. Smitty

Good luck with the Conti Road Attacks, they stick like glue but at the price. I only got 2100 miles and the steel cord was showing. IIRC the cost per mile was .11 cents. Not very good. I live in Bonne Terre, I would be happy to change them for you. $55.00 on the bike.. Smitty
But Smitty, by the time I rode back it would time for new shoes again! :unsure:

Go for it. The front end doesn't carry that much weight really. As long as the eye bolts are secure it should be more than enough to hold the front up.

Maybe not onthe center stand, but it carries 50% of the bikes weight while both wheels are on the ground. This has been verified with scales during suspension tuning.

One more minor detail.

When I removed the rear wheel I found about a tbsp of gear lube inside the splined drive area. I will keep an eye on it, but I suspect I will need the oil seal (item #5 on the parts list). Should be able to wait till winter.

Over and out.

Zoltan

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice price Smitty, I paid 25 per rim at Chesterfield Valley, I did the remove and reinstall.

Maybe I'll come down to the "Shady Rest Hotel"in about 2000 miles. Way too early to tell, but I love these tires. Funny thing is you run the front tire backwards, thought it was strange, but verified it on Continentals web site.

"ContiRoad Attack Direction?

The orientation of the ContiRoad Attack front has recently been revised. Conti Germany responded to feed-back from the UK and other markets about maximising the already incredible durability of the original front tread pattern. After the launch of the ContiSport Attack test riders commented on the fact that the reversed tread direction gave much more uniform wear across the tyres section and so the ContiRoad Attack front pattern was switched in late October 2006 to take advantage of this better wear characteristic. Some confusion exists because some European plants outside of Germany have a tread mould with small arrows at the edge of the tread near the sidewall, these arrows should be ignored. These moulds are being replaced. ContiRoad attack customers may be offered the same tyre with apparently two different directions of rotation. The tread pattern on both tyres is fine. Riders should be aware that all relevant and legally required information regarding speed rating and direction of rotation is moulded into the side-wall of the tyre, not the tread, so be sure your tyre is fitted in accordance with the directional arrow on the sidewall regardless of which way the pattern runs."

Do ya do Vstroms too?

Zoltan :D :D