• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Suspension Upgrades for Sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MNFJR

Reaction score
Greetings All,

Prior to selling my beloved 05 this spring, I plan to remove the two-year-old Penske 8983 and sell it separately. I am wondering if anybody here has interest in purchasing this shock, at of course a much cheaper amount than a new one would cost. The shock was spec’d for a 200lb rider on the FJR. I am looking to sell it for $450, which is less than half of what a new one costs.

Additionally, the front suspension was upgraded with AK20’s at about the same time. These also are for sale for $500 which again is about half of new price. I believe the most economical way to go with these would be for an interested person to swap their stock tubes with mine. Although I still have my stock components, I have no interest in disassembling these forks and putting stock components back in. A swap plus the $500 makes more sense to me. I believe Gen II forks will swap out just fine, but not sure about Gen III

These suspension upgrades transformed my FJR in terms of rideability and handling. I am still in love with the bike, but my age is forcing me to go with something much lighter. That is why I recently purchased an FJ09.

Interested parties let me know. I’m sure we can work something out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the shock and AK20s will transfer to Gen 2, This set-up is a great set up to have… and for this price, a great way

to upgrade. The difference is worth every penny. I had my set up moved from my '05 to my '08.

GLWS

Gen 1 and 2 have different fenders. If you swap fork tubes, you may have to swap just more than just tubes. (At least I think so)

Shock sold!

AK20 Gen 1 forks still available.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts