SW-FOG 2011 "Update"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never thought that I would make it to a SW-Fog meet but I did. Would I do it again?

Why sure, if the date worked out and something didn't come up. I already have events happening that I can't be it both places at the same time. :D

Cale tried to kill me with that trip home from CFR.. :lol:
I don't know who this Cale character is but I won't ride with him ever again :D
Dear Brother Barry, Since it is Friday and also Christmas Eve, would you kindly tell Party Pooper HotRodZilla to please put a cock in it? Thank You Very Much!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have this gathering penciled in for 2011. The proposed dates work fine for me but I'll try to adjust if they change. It is right in between two other gatherings that I want to attend, CFR and EOM, so don't move it too far.

That's a definite maybe for us. Depends on the amount of vacation days left over, after a couple of other trips we have planned. Hoping to go to Montana for a week, which will be either 3 days riding each way, or a marathon day in the truck with the dirt bikes. Taking the truck means we can share the driving but that doesn't work on two bikes. Also wondering if there is going to be FODS V in 2011.

Dear Brother Barry, Since it is Friday and also Christmas Eve, would you kindly tell Party Pooper HotRodZilla to please put a cock in it? Thank You Very Much!!!
I'll put a cock in it, but this time you have to promise not to gag! That ruins the mood.

Seriously...I'm not trying to be a party pooper, but I don't see the reasoning for having the meet during the week.

Remember, this is Taos...The night life will be slower during the week, but the traffic during the day will still suck, because lots of people commute to Espanola, Santa Fe, and Los Alamos. I was in Taos on Monday and Tuesday, and the traffic through there on Tuesday afternoon headed home sucked balls.

I don't see how it really reduces needed vacation time for anyone, but do see how it increases it for those that are close. When I go to EOM, I am gone 7 days and take 5 of those as vacation. That would happen regardless of the days of the week the ride is because it takes me two to head out and two to get back.

I honestly don't know why we don't move this event back into August or late July. The weather is awesome, the roads are great, and we are not trying to keep from interfering with EOM, Labor Day and WCR (is that it? I don't remember). September is a big camping month in NM because everyone is trying to get a last trip in before the season ends. If we move to earlier in the year, we also won't have to contend with the BMW rally going on at the same time.

AND as I have said before, if we have it during the week and school is on, some people won't be able to go due to issues with getting the kids to school and events.

I know all these issues aren't everyone's problems, but that is my $.02. Set it for when you want Don. If I can go, I will, and if not, I won't.

I'll put a cock in it, but this time you have to promise not to gag! That ruins the mood.

Seriously...I'm not trying to be a party pooper, but I don't see the reasoning for having the meet during the week.

Remember, this is Taos...The night life will be slower during the week, but the traffic during the day will still suck, because lots of people commute to Espanola, Santa Fe, and Los Alamos. I was in Taos on Monday and Tuesday, and the traffic through there on Tuesday afternoon headed home sucked balls.

I don't see how it really reduces needed vacation time for anyone, but do see how it increases it for those that are close. When I go to EOM, I am gone 7 days and take 5 of those as vacation. That would happen regardless of the days of the week the ride is because it takes me two to head out and two to get back.

I honestly don't know why we don't move this event back into August or late July. The weather is awesome, the roads are great, and we are not trying to keep from interfering with EOM, Labor Day and WCR (is that it? I don't remember). September is a big camping month in NM because everyone is trying to get a last trip in before the season ends. If we move to earlier in the year, we also won't have to contend with the BMW rally going on at the same time.

AND as I have said before, if we have it during the week and school is on, some people won't be able to go due to issues with getting the kids to school and events.

I know all these issues aren't everyone's problems, but that is my $.02. Set it for when you want Don. If I can go, I will, and if not, I won't.
Pendejo: I just called Big-D and he said if you would promise to swallow (again), we would consider it! Dan and I still have a week to make up our minds on mid-week!

Just my 2 cents...August is actually a nice time to ride up here as well, but during the week (as opposed to a weekend) REALLY cuts down on the number of Hardley's and suicide-cyclists on the roads around here. I'll be there (being as I am ALREADY there) and if I can do anything to help give me a call. I haven't been on here much lately so if you message me and don't hear back in a day or two call HRZ for my number.

Damn dood! 2 cents? :huh: From what zilla says you only have a haypennys worth

Don't hurt yerself :yahoo:
I was going to come up with something whitty to reply with, but to be honest...I don't even know what the hell a "haypenny" is!!! Now stop it before daddy has to spank ya!

Damn dood! 2 cents? :huh: From what zilla says you only have a haypennys worth

Don't hurt yerself :yahoo:
I was going to come up with something whitty to reply with, but to be honest...I don't even know what the hell a "haypenny" is!!! Now stop it before daddy has to spank ya!
If a haypenny was up your ass, you would know what it was; just ask Bustanut joker, The Michigan Jackass! jes' sayin'

BUMP REMINDER: Please post your comments and suggestions regarding the proposed dates for SW-FOG 2011 here, prior to midnight on New Year's Eve - Friday 12/31. Big-Dan and Papa Chuy will be posting up the EXACT dates and EXACT room and meal costs on New Year's Day. Dan C. is locking down these prices as we speak, and remember: There are no Rally Fees for SW-FOG 2011; you only pay for your own room, meals and alcohol - with no Rally Registration Fees! Well, with one notable exception: Bustanut joker is giving Big-D and I a silk glove hand job! jes' sayin'

Pretty fancy move there Sin Loki. When you're done with the IT games, make sure you get your ass to Toas and bring some of that "Hot" salsa with you.

When I first moved to Colorado Springs, my Realtor asked me "do you want to look at the view or do you want to be the view", meaning I could buy a home looking at Pikes Peak, Air Force Academy and Garden of the Gods or I could live among the mountains where people want to have a view of. That is kind of the same situation Patch is facing living so close to Taos and having the SW-FOG be there two years in a row.

Don, have you ordered those Thongs yet?

Don, have you ordered those Thongs yet?
Thongs??? His tighty-whiteys weren't sexy enough for you? Yours seemed to have him all worked up. Remind me not to get drunk and knock on your door at 0300 again. The visual will probably kill me.

Guess Who???

Do you recognize the boots?

Is this enough Visual for ya AJ??

thong20man.jpg

Zilla I'm with you on the during the week rally. I drive in from Dallas. If it's in the middle of the week, I'd have to take a full week off to do a three day rally. No can do. Don't agree with you on the July August dates though. Way too hot for this old puss to ride when it's 500 miles of 100 degree heat to and from the higher elevations out of Dallas. Been there done that. It was pretty damn hot in September driving up there in 2010. Glad it will be in Toas again at the Katchina Lodge. Great place. Doubt that I will make it if it is in the hot months or during the week this year.

GP