Sw-Fog 2011

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone gone up Hwy 12 past Bryce that looks interesting?

I rode Hwy 12 (the Grand Staircase ) including Hell's Backbone on the way home from Toas. A most excellent road that should not be missed anytime when in that area.

Who would want more than one wife anyway are they nuts!

Many of us on this forum have had more than one wife but not at the same time (at least most of us)

Just kidding on the wife thing "at the same time, yes" that is why I interjected the husband to wife ratio. Highway 12 in Utah sounds interesting thanks for the info.

Here are some venues / dates SW-FOG 2011 Co-Rally Masters Dan Compton and Don Stanley (with pinhead's help!) are looking at (set in stone on 1/1/11):

1) Colorado High Country, somewhere in the Gunnison, Silverton, Montrose and Durango rectangle: Mid Week - Tuesday, 9/6 through Friday, 9/10 of 2011.

2) Return to the Kachina Lodge Inn in Toas (Taos), New Mexico, the same third weekend of the month as last year: Thursday, 9/15 through Sunday, 9/18.

3) Devil's Highway '666' Region of Eastern Arizona and W. New Mexico, Springerville or Pine Top, AZ base camp: Thursday, 9/29 through Sunday, 10/2.
If I was old enough to vote :rolleyes: I would pick number #3 But then it just silly me talking :lol:

No really you guys decide and then I'll drag Barry there :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Highway 12 is an excellent road. I would continue on Highway 24 to Green River. Have ridden this route several times both ways. Hell's Backbone in a heavy rain and with lighting and thunder is something else.

Highway 14 from Long Valley Junction into Cedar City is another great road in the same general area.

Longrider

Dark Side #20

Wow, Hells backbone in a Thunderstorm? That will separate the men from the boys real quick. 143 from Panguitch to 148 past Cedar Breaks to 14 is also a great ride either way. Someday SWFOG should be in Southern Utah if we can get a drink!

Here are some venues / dates SW-FOG 2011 Co-Rally Masters Dan Compton and Don Stanley (with pinhead's help!) are looking at (set in stone on 1/1/11):

1) Colorado High Country, somewhere in the Gunnison, Silverton, Montrose and Durango rectangle: Mid Week - Tuesday, 9/6 through Friday, 9/10 of 2011.

2) Return to the Kachina Lodge Inn in Toas (Taos), New Mexico, the same third weekend of the month as last year: Thursday, 9/15 through Sunday, 9/18.

3) Devil's Highway '666' Region of Eastern Arizona and W. New Mexico, Springerville or Pine Top, AZ base camp: Thursday, 9/29 through Sunday, 10/2.
If I was old enough to vote :rolleyes: I would pick number #3 But then it just silly me talking :lol:

I'll vouch for your age Tom..

Are ya sure you want to take responsibility for my behavior though? :lol:

:jester:

I'll vouch for your age Tom..

Are ya sure you want to take responsibility for my behavior though? :lol:

Not to worry, Tom. If Numb Nuts starts to act up, you can always get Big-D to crush him like a bug for two cold cans of Tecate Cerveza and a bag of Doritos!

Not to worry, Tom. If Numb Nuts starts to act up, you can always get Big-D to crush him like a bug for two cold cans of Tecate Cerveza and a bag of Doritos!
I ain't scared non ya Jackass! I've already made arraignments with Dan to protect my ass from the likes of you guys..

Considerably more Cerveza an Doritos.

:fuck:

How ya like them apples burro fuk?

What if I do salsa again, and maybe kick it up a bit just for bust.
Daniel, Trust Me On This: Your hot salsa on Doritos along with two cans of cold Tecate Cerveza and a strange piece of ass would KILL our fecking Bustanut joker!

The last piece of strange Bust has ever had was when his finger broke through the toilet paper a few months ago, he told me that was really damn strange indeed!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you kick it up anymore than this year, My ass won't handle it! That salsa was the FIRST EVER to have enough stuff in it to burn on the way out!

PAIN!!! But i am somewhat masochistic... So BRING THE PAIN!!! :D

If you kick it up anymore than this year, My ass won't handle it! That salsa was the FIRST EVER to have enough stuff in it to burn on the way out!

PAIN!!! But i am somewhat masochistic... So BRING THE PAIN!!! :D
but it was tasty, for all but 12-15 secs :focus:

Daniel, Trust Me On This: Your hot salsa on Doritos along with two cans of cold Tecate Cerveza and a strange piece of ass would KILL our fecking Bustanut joker!

The last piece of strange Bust has ever had was when his finger broke through the toilet paper a few months ago, he told me that was really damn strange indeed!
Dayum Don...Why does Bust tell you these things?

Dayum Don...Why does Bust tell you these things?
Altitude sickness, HotRodZilla; he always blames his fecking altitude sickness! The Jackass!

I really liked Sin Loki's hot salsa. But after having about half a basket of chips, the heartburn effect started to take control by setting my esophagus on fire and I was afraid the bar was going to run out of Tecate!

For a young pup, Daniel is alright. I'd like my daughter to meet him.

I really liked Sin Loki's hot salsa. But after having about half a basket of chips, the heartburn effect started to take control by setting my esophagus on fire and I was afraid the bar was going to run out of Tecate!

For a young pup, Daniel is alright. I'd like my daughter to meet him.

Is it too late to motion for Colorado? either way I will attend, but after my trek from denver through Idaho,Wash,Oregon and to Laguna Seca MotoGP event and back, I'm hoping for something under 500miles.

John