SW-FOG 2012 - Official Announcement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the weather usually like in Salida, Colorado that time of year?

Thanks,

Jon...
Weather in Salida in July is typical Colorado Summer. Daytime highs from the low 70s to mid 80s but mostly in the 70s. Chance for afternoon rain and evenings in the 50s - 60s. I love Salida, right on the Arkansas river with good riding all around. Be careful of the runs up toward Buena Vista, they patrol this stretch with a vengeance. Independence Pass is my favorite pass in the state. I hope I can make this one, work always seems to get in the way of SW FOG for me.
Also, Jon_PDX...the weather in Colorado that time of year is about as perfect as motorcycle riding weather gets. Not too hot, not too cold, juuuuuuuuuuust right. There IS the potential for rain, but I suppose that's just about anywhere (except Texas where it's flat, hot, and drier than Beemerdon's sense of humor). If you're going to make a ride to the mountains in the US, this is the place to go IMHO.
Thanks for the weather info and the reminder to make sure the radar detector is turned on :)

I don't know yet if I can get the time off work but if I can this sounds like a fun event.

Jon...

Even though I didn't see any of the usual ones of HotRodZilla tipping over an FJR!
If you have photos of HRZ tipping over a FJR and haven't shared them with me I'm going to be terribly sad...you have any idea how much crap I've got from him for tipping over my GSA? I NEED AMMO!!!

Even though I didn't see any of the usual ones of HotRodZilla tipping over an FJR!
If you have photos of HRZ tipping over a FJR and haven't shared them with me I'm going to be terribly sad...you have any idea how much crap I've got from him for tipping over my GSA? I NEED AMMO!!!
There's no pictures of shit! Beemerdons is a liar. He's fucking Irish! You know those bastage can't be trusted! Besides, why the hostility? I only give you shit because I love you. Its not your fault your fucked up motorcycle has balance issues and likes to take dirt naps!

There's no pictures of shit! Beemerdons is a liar. He's fucking Irish! You know those bastage can't be trusted! Besides, why the hostility? I only give you shit because I love you. Its not your fault your fucked up motorcycle has balance issues and likes to take dirt naps!
It DOES NOT HAVE BALANCE ISSUES...it's just a little narcoleptic...

Last edited by a moderator:
.... He's fucking Irish!
And THAT, my son, ...is his blessing.
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.sw-fog.com/routes.php Wowser, check out the Routes page now; Scott has gone back and added great photographs to many of the suggested day rides.

Isn't that what I said back on post 45? ;)

It keeps getting better...

COSFJR mentioned that he likes to see pictures of attractions and/or routes when he's trying to figure out where to go. To that end, I dug through my photo library, and picked out some pictures of the areas where I had them. I put them in each route detail page. A full listing of the routes are here: https://www.sw-fog.com/routes.php

I've just created an 'event' for this rally on the FJR Owners' Group on Facebook - If you guys would like to maintain it, please join the group (if you have not already done so) and PM me. I'll make you the event admin.

Paging SkooterG to the House White Courtesy Phone; Paging SkooterG!

Hello again all my FJR friends!! I feel like I have been away for too long! The last year has been very busy for me work wise so my days in the saddle were light to put it mildly... However 2012 is a new year with new opertunities so I am planning on attending SW-FOG in the great state of Colorado! I can't wait to see some familiar faces again. I will be looking for others to ride with me there and back so if anyone is planning on group rides or just looking for a riding buddy let me know. I grew up in Colorado but have never ridden there... So sad! At least I will be able to check this off my list now. Talk soon!!!!

Would anyone care to split expenses on a room? As far as I know, I don't snore (and that would mean my wife lies).

I should be there for the 3 nights, but there is a chance it could just be for the last two.

Mike

Looking forward to this trip more now than before. The family CFO has decided she'd like spend some time riding around Colorado. Not one to ride pillion in Iron "Sore" Butt fashion, she's gonna drive the car and meet me out there. Me on the other hand will spend the early part of the week trying to find CO on my scooter. This should be a hoot.

Mike

Looking forward to this trip more now than before. The family CFO has decided she'd like spend some time riding around Colorado. Not one to ride pillion in Iron "Sore" Butt fashion, she's gonna drive the car and meet me out there. Me on the other hand will spend the early part of the week trying to find CO on my scooter. This should be a hoot.

Mike
woohoo! That's awesome!

P.S. We're south and west of you...that should get you in the general vicinity ;)