SW-FOG 2013 - Official Announcement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I knew I might have company traversing that great barren wasteland we call Nebraska & east Colorado, I might just throw my hat in the ring n vote.

If I knew I might have company traversing that great barren wasteland we call Nebraska & east Colorado, I might just throw my hat in the ring n vote.
Well, if it ends up being the last weekend in June, there might be a couple folks coming from CFR in Ontario.

This hits the nail on the head. As an event planner, you will never make everyone happy. Accept it, accommodate what you can and move on.

My number 1 rule of group planning is no matter how hard you try, you will never please everyone.

I'm not sure when the EOM date issue was, but in recent years (that I have been involved with the event) we have settled in on the 3rd weekend of September. We always get the argument that many have school age children heading back to school and they can't make it. Sorry, if that is a conflict for you, then ride the EOM area when your vacation allows, or go to a rally that is happening at a point that corresponds with your vacation time. The best thing about having rallies spread through the riding year across the country is that odds are you can find a rally that falls at a point convenient to your schedule.

I'm upset with the dates. I'm upset that no matter when sw-fog is in 2013, I won't be able to get there. That's not anyone else's problem but mine - if we all had jobs that allowed us to retire with full pay and benefits after 2 years of working we'd have a heck of a crowd at every FJR rally. Life simply does not work like that (for most) or at least for me. Maybe some day, but not right now.

A thank you is owed to you, for stepping up and making it happen.

-Wayne

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if it ends up being the last weekend in June, there might be a couple folks coming from CFR in Ontario.
Absolutely! If the date is the weekend after CFR, there should be several of us making it across the "wasteland"! I'm sure one or more of us could meet up on the way. :D

MsNASCAR and I are in if it is your original date of June 20-23 is choosen for this rally, due to prior commitments. Please decide on the date soon, so we can make plans.
unsure.png

Thanks for the kick in the pants reminder pegscraper...got caught up with work/life business, blah blah blah

I called the hotel to see if we could move to the later June date since that seemed slightly more popular. Unfortunately, they have another group coming that weekend and they have every room with two beds that they could offer.

So, things remain as originally planned, June 20-23 are the confirmed dates for SW-FOG 2013. Feel free to sign up (or change registration) here: https://www.sw-fog.com (reminder: you will still need to make hotel reservations directly with the Gateway Inn & Suites)

I called the hotel to see if we could move to the later June date since that seemed slightly more popular. Unfortunatley, they have another group coming that weekend and they have every room with two beds that they could offer.

So, things remain as originally planned, June 20-23 are the confirmed dates for SW-FOG 2013. Feel free to sign up (or change registration) here: https://www.sw-fog.com (reminder: you will still need to make hotel reservations directly with the Gateway Inn & Suites)
Works for us!!!
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I called the hotel to see if we could move to the later June date since that seemed slightly more popular. Unfortunatley, they have another group coming that weekend and they have every room with two beds that they could offer.

Works for us!!!

Registration cancelled.
sad.png

Maybe 2014.
Sorry we couldn't get things worked out

MsNASCAR and I are all over this one.
I know you krazy kalifornians can get all kinky and shit. Just remember people are a bit more conservative in Colorado
tongue.png

Look forward to seeing you two again!

Registration cancelled.
sad.png

Maybe 2014.
Sorry we couldn't get things worked out

MsNASCAR and I are all over this one.
I know you krazy kalifornians can get all kinky and shit. Just remember people are a bit more conservative in Colorado
tongue.png

Look forward to seeing you two again!
This is one of many SW trips for these Krazy Kalifonians only to get acclimated to your life style because retirement is around the next hill. Testing the waters, you might say.

I am in. I just got the book The Complete Guide to Motorcycling on Colorado by Farson. I paged through it last night while watch the football game. On first glance it is comprehensive. I like to recommend rides at the end of the chapters. Well organized book. I need to get a map of Colorado and highlight the rides I want to do. I would be nice if Farson offered a map like the companion maps from the Destination Hwys.

I am in. I just got the book The Complete Guide to Motorcycling on Colorado by Farson. I paged through it last night while watch the football game. On first glance it is comprehensive. I like to recommend rides at the end of the chapters. Well organized book. I need to get a map of Colorado and highlight the rides I want to do. I would be nice if Farson offered a map like the companion maps from the Destination Hwys.
I'm sure "The Complete Guide to Motorcycling on Colorado by Farson" covered the Rocky Mtn NP area. We might try again if time allows.

If I go, I will for sure ride the "Million Dollar Highway".

My lovely mother-in law lives in Colorado, this would be a good trip to visit her :)

Latest posts