SW-FOG areas for improvement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Naaaaaaa, its not derailed. I think you hit the major topics we talked about. C was one that wanted a pool, but with the lack of use the pool in Taos saw, I would rather pay less, have a better free breakfast, and have a hotel that is conducive to us hanging out than a pool that may only get used by one or two people.

That central patio thing at the Gateway was perfect for hanging out, and the "quad" style building set up contributed to the good times we had. Ending up in a hotel that spreads us out tends to end up having smaller cliques instead of the all inclusive chair gathering debacle we had every night. That was one of my favorite parts.
+1

That center patio was pretty cool for hanging out. Probably not available at a place with a pool. The patio probably takes precedence

The Mexican restaurant right next door had great food, ...
According to some folks this is impossible. I has told that a Mexican restaurant has to be in Kali. Anything else is just a poser.
Wait just a second...Did I just get Mexican Restaurant advice from a fecking Canadian????? That's almost as bad as getting "commuting to work" advice from Skooter. Holy Hell!!

The Mexican restaurant right next door had great food, ...
According to some folks this is impossible. I has told that a Mexican restaurant has to be in Kali. Anything else is just a poser.
Wait just a second...Did I just get Mexican Restaurant advice from a fecking Canadian????? That's almost as bad as getting "commuting to work" advice from Skooter. Holy Hell!!
+1, Gunny; SkooterG could not spell work if you gave him the r and the k, I always laugh out loud when I hear a Canuckistani pronounce taco: Those Hosers say Tay-Ko!

Scott all of your raised points are excellent ones, you may also consider giving HotRodZilla (Bungie Junior!) a "GPS Orienteering and GPS Reading 101" tutorial and give him a Boy Scout compass too. jes' sayin' and nuff' said

Naaaaaaa, its not derailed. I think you hit the major topics we talked about. C was one that wanted a pool, but with the lack of use the pool in Taos saw, I would rather pay less, have a better free breakfast, and have a hotel that is conducive to us hanging out than a pool, unless I can swim with my Rubber Ducky!

We had a lot of fun, and the rally fee was just right. Thanks for your hard work!!

Um...next year can it be planned around MY schedule so I can make it? This whole "work" thing is REALLY cutting into my motorcycle riding.

Salida was a fine location and Mr. RM did a good job. Stay loose on the oganizing or you will burn yourself out trying to please too many people and staying up to date with numbers. I like less organization re the motel and dinner, but like organized rides.

Location, location, location. Who cares? It is the ride to and from that is most important, but it is nice if the location selected has some spectacular rides, out and back or loops that are around 220-360 miles. I can think of 4 rides out of Mtrose under 360m. I could do two of those to and from home. I do like the area. There is location in the middle of town with 5 or 7 motels right next door to each other ( maybe it will take more than one but at 50-60 a night it might be worth it.).

Food. I'm not for the established 25-35 dinner, even if it is terrific (usually not). I also don't enjoy paying a restaurant extra money and then sit in the main dining room, where i could have just ordered off the menu and been more selective (less food). If you have a separate room and actually get better service i don't mind paying a larger tip, but do not like getting dinged for bringing 50 extra people to the restaurant, when they should be giving a discount for the extra business.

The mexican food next door to the Gateway had excellent food and a senior menu at about half the cost ($10 w/tip), which suited me because I don't eat that much. They most likely served most of us on Saturday night spread out from 5:30 to 8pm.

I say find a restaurant that handle 40-60 people between 5 and 7:30pm, let the FJR folks organize there own dining partners and go eat when they are ready to eat, then organize a All Get Together in the parking lot for drinks afterwards. Just make sure the Motel has enough outdoor chairs or a meeting room for us to use (free).

Just my thoughts.

Don't invite that Mexican AJ or his brother Alex?

:finger:
You know...I was JUST gonna say the same thing about you and Don. You two old bastards have fun twaddling each other, and I'll go hang out with my friends that stay up past 8pm. You old candy asses are cramping my style.

Don't invite that Mexican AJ or his brother Alex?

:finger:
You know...I was JUST gonna say the same thing about you and Don. You two old bastards have fun twaddling each other, and I'll go hang out with my friends that stay up past 8pm. You old candy asses are cramping my style.
Yo Bust, did an Armadillo just fart or did 'Zilla say something? Same difference, I guess!

I can't say anything about improvement.... Just don't put it to close to another FJR event. I going to get down to

another SW-FOG some day soon. :rolleyes:

I agree with Ken on the food. Need a hospital close for me.

Joe (Tucson Joe)

Joe (Tucson Joe)
Geez Joe.. Does it always have to be about you? :lol:

Ya just spent 6 days with Zilla. Sure you want him there? :p

BTW, how's that foot doing?

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe (Tucson Joe)
Geez Joe.. Does it always have to be about you? :lol:

Ya just spent 6 days with Zilla. Sure you want him there? :p

BTW, how's that foot doing?
Come on now Bust, a Southwest FOG without our HotRodZilla would be like a whorehouse in Juarez without pubic crabs! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

220px-Pthius_pubis_-_crab_louse.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Um...next year can it be planned around MY schedule so I can make it? This whole "work" thing is REALLY cutting into my motorcycle riding.
Yo Scott, any idea yet of the when and where of SW-FOG 2013? We want to avoid CFR in June, but there is no NAFO to step on for July or August in 2013, I do love Colorado!

Since you mentioned CFO, it would be great to have SW-FOG a weekend or two after CFO so I could make the FOG on my way back west. But that's just me.

Yo Scott, any idea yet of the when and where of SW-FOG 2013? We want to avoid CFR in June, but there is no NAFO to step on for July or August in 2013, I do love Colorado!
I'm not going to organize it for 2013...you suckers are on your own!

ok, not really. But unfortunately for you, I've decided to compete* with CFR. SW-FOG 2013 will be held in Salida, CO once again June 20-23.

Announcement Thread

SW-FOG website

*I moved it from July to June for cooler weather, and 20-23 was the ideal weekend in June for Colorado...too early, and some passes (such as Independence Pass to Aspen) may still be closed, doesn't overlap with Father's Day, and for the working stiffs like myself, not too close to Independence Day so that we're not taking off too much time too close together

Latest posts