Tech Bull, top trunk....help!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrpro

Reaction score
I just open the box the dealer GAVE me for the trunk recall, limited instructions and I think parts missing. I did a search but link is dead. Can someone help me out and post the tech Bul m2007-013. I want to see what parts are needed. If kit is missing stuff I want to go back to dealer. Thanks Fjrpro

You should have:

- Metal plate for bottom box

- New plastic base

- Rubber strip for box

- 2 plastic rivets

Be sure to peel off the old rubber bumpers and stick on the metal plate.

PM me if you have any questions.

Canadian FJR

Worth mentioning, also be sure to clean the surfaces with alcohol and dry thoroughly, BEFORE applying the sticky tape.

My recall came with a new rubber spacer/strip that fits between the mount and the bottom-front edge of the box. You have to drill two holes in the OUTER WALL ONLY of the box for the plastic rivets that hold that strip in place.

Ok it seems I have everything. The new base looks just like old base...what's the difference? The metal plate is for the top box, so remove the 4 rubber pads off top box then intsall. Now the new rubber strip and two small rivets....why use that, the top box has that strip already or am I missing something. Also why the rivets the strip has addhesive. Sorry for the question.

The difference between the old & new base is where the flat turns upward. They reinforced the left & right corners to at least try to stop the cracking.

Also why the rivets the strip has addhesive. Sorry for the question.
I think if the box is let out in the heat of the sun, the adhesive on the back will become soft and may shift it's position during mounting and dismounting. Hence, the rivets maintain position of said strip. Hope this helps.