The Big FJR Tire Poll

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My primary criteria for choosing a favorite is

• Availability (whatever my local shop has)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I find something I like, I stick with it. I am on my 3rd set of PR2s and will stick with them until they discontinue them. I get about 5,000 miles out of a set, which is good for me. My current set has 4,000 miles on them and they look to be lasting much better. I have been riding along side my wife mostly with this set, so that might explain the better wear. She is riding faster, but not full ludicrous speed like the guy rides. I aplogize to any fast women riders! My spirited rides (once a week) usually involve Angeles Forrest, Upper Big Tigunga, and Angeles Crest (all medium and high speed sweepers). For me, these tires wear very evenly and I do not get any cupping as some have reported.

Glad to hear some are in my mileage range. My wrist is 66 years, I must have rough pavement here, but to quote another member,

"I'm slower than some, faster than most".

I have no ID... what I was thinkin' officer.

As the originator of this poll (over two years ago), I can see that it is definitely well past telling anyone what the currently preferred tires are. What was the favorite back then (PR2 by a wide margin) may no longer be, but the old votes are skewing the data.

I could go in and mess with the poll and have it reset all values to zero, but then we would lose this historical look. Maybe we should just close this thread and start a new one?

I think a reset (or better to lock this one and do a restart) is a good idea. Keep the old data but not have recent changes diluted by a mass of (perhaps) irrelevant information.

Might be interesting to include off-brands such as Shinko. Roadsmart II instead of RS. You have Angel ST but should include the new GT (I like them so far); not even sure if the ST is still sold? Also, you should make room for the BT023 replacements, not currently available in North America but coming. As you said, a lot has changed in the past couple of years. I am less enamored of the PR2's than I used to be.

Locking topic by request.

Fred, Start a new thread with a current offering of tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.