The Dragon...again

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did that very loop (once in each direction) last time I was in the area. We all got together in Tellico Plains and used it as the kick-off point.

Nice, I'll be out there in June with the family, AND the FJR.
biggrin.png

I did indeed have the pleasure of meeting Bockelrider at the North end of the Dragon about 3:00 Sunday afternoon. He got to meet Pop as well. I kind of wanted to get a picture of us all there together but I was afraid it would be kind of creepy to ask... I am positive he rode through faster than we did.

I had checked the tailofthdragon website and knew that they were having Quattro de Mayo (An Audi meet), a Mustang gathering and a Subaru gathering. I tried to time it to hit The Dragon late on Sunday, it worked out okay.

I will agree with Bounce, the brand does not make the fool. I never had anyone cross the center line on me in any serious vehicle on this whole trip. It was always an SUV or family car, never a serious performance car. I ride an FJR and I have done all sorts of stupid things, that does not mean the rest of this forum is stupid just because I am. Of course, you might be...
smile.png

I got passed by an older guy with a Santa Claus beard on a very nice ZRX 1200 and a small group of Sport Bikes. Both times we just moved to the far right and waved them by.

That's it...both of those had crossed my mind, but Diamondback was the one I was thinking of!
The Switzerland Inn sells Diamondback t-shirts, if'n you want a souvenir.

(to be honest, it's been a few years since I was there so I hope they still sell them...)