The Hog Phenomenon

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are three types of bikers:Those that dress like Transformers

those that dress like Pirates

Those that dress like squids

All of them and their motorcycles go to heaven, but the squids might just get there first.

I used to tease Harley Riders but the longer I ride, the more I find motorcycle-peeps generally to be decent.

Life is short - too short to discriminate based on a persons choice of motorcycle. Judge someone by the way they treat others, not what they look like or what they ride.

I currently own nine motorcycles, not one of them a Harley. I might trade most of them for my dads fully restored 1949 Harley Police Special, if it could be found, cause it was his pride and joy. I wouldnt trade my Metisse but I would probably trade the others, and probably starting with the FJR, except that it isnt worth squat as an 08 with only 34k miles. Ive enjoyed the FJR but honestly more for the people it brought into my life and the places it took me, rather than anything inherently special about the bike.

Fetishing any material object is generally foolish. Except maybe a Metisse. Or a Martin ukulele. Ok, theres a vacuum tube amp, and maybe a CZ75 9mm, or most any early air cooled Porsche. I do like me a fine rangefinder camera with a Zeiss lens, and theres nothing quite like a good set of Snap On tools.

But a mass produced Japanese motorcycle ridden or crashed by the likes of ScooterG, Carver, Bustanut, the a-hole Fairlaner, and that dirty old whore Old Michael? Nope...nothing special about that bike at all....
Dang it...And here I am all out of likes. I wasted one of them on that bully RFH. I should go take it back. Lol!!!

Thanks for rescuing me from that bully RFH Captain Underpants!!
superman.gif
I was butt hurt like never before by his rude comments
cray.gif

If I recall correct it was Por or maybe Peggy Hodges that started the shit storm so many years ago.
This thread brings back memories when we could beat up people and steal their lunch money and girlfriends!
devil.gif

Thanks for rescuing me from that bully RFH Captain Underpants!!
superman.gif
I was butt hurt like never before by his rude comments
cray.gif

If I recall correct it was Por or maybe Peggy Hodges that started the shit storm so many years ago.

This thread brings back memories when we could beat up people and steal their lunch money and girlfriends!
devil.gif
So... When you say I hurt your butt like never before...
uhoh.gif
omg2.gif

I am going to take that as a Compliment.

Dammit I miss the days when we could call 'Zilla out for being an asshat, BeemerdonS would post a pic of Salma Hayek and Tyler would post some pics of the world like we wished it looked.

Did anyone ever figure out exactly what that Crazy Batshit guy was trying to say or do? For the life of me I never did figure out his angle here.

Long time member, frequent reader, occasional poster.

I don't know if your kidding or not so excuse me if you are but, the concept of "post here" and get "trashed" isn't an accurate thing.

There are thousands of posts here. The only posts I've ever seen get trashed are nasty ones or posts from a$$hats that can't take a joke or have some agenda.

Very small percentage of the actual posts.

In the case of this thread the guy was a scheight stirring troll who kept poking the dragons and was sent away. Thank the gods.

Losing membership ? Ebbs and flows. Meh.

Folks could use some thicker skin.

The verbal abuse levied on the attendees at a tech day make this place seem like safe space.

And you wonder why this forum is loosing membership? Who wants to post here just to get trashed? I'm just sayin'.....see ya!
I am respectfully going to disagree with your position here. Can you tell me exactly what the OP was trying to accomplish with this thread? Can you tell me exactly what he was trying to say?

He rambled on vaguely as though he was high on some hallucinogenic drug and when someone disagreed with anything definitive he said, he attacked them. Then when he got back what he gave he got mad.

Then decent useful folks like yourself get disgusted and angry with other decent useful folks. NO, not necessarily me.
smile.png

It looks to me like that's all this fool wanted to do anyway was stir up meanness.

As far as the OP is concerned I agree with you in that it did seem he was just out to stir up trouble nothing more. That said I think some of the responses were a bit callous and took the entire post deeper into the muck. I see nothing to be gained by lowering oneself to the same level and served no purpose other than to insult. I think it would have shown some class to have simply ignored the OP.

If verbal abuse is worse on tech days then count me out. When I acquired my first FJR in 2016 I set out to learn as much as I could so as to become acquainted with the bike and be able to perform all my own maintenance which is why I found this website. To be sure there is much good advice and knowledge here but I can do without what is just plain vulgarity that to me is offensive. That's not uncommon in our society today especially on the internet which is unfortunate.

Now I'll get off my high horse and let you folks get back to it.

Hope I didn't mislead. The verbal abuse at tech days is all good fun with laughter and a TON of work being done by knowledgeable people helping others out.

You should definitely attend a tech day. You will learn, help, eat, drink and laugh. Great group of people than I am honored to have been abused by.

As far as the OP is concerned I agree with you in that it did seem he was just out to stir up trouble nothing more. That said I think some of the responses were a bit callous and took the entire post deeper into the muck. I see nothing to be gained by lowering oneself to the same level and served no purpose other than to insult.If the verbal abuse is worse on tech days then count me out. . To be sure there is much good advice and knowledge here but I can do without what is just plain vulgarity that to me is offensive.

Hey snowflake? Good thing yer cryin' ass wasn't here years ago when we were mean. I was particularly offensive and would have enjoyed making you piss your pant's and cry to mamma.

If you can't handle the heat get the fuck out of this Kitchen.

I could ramble on about what wrong with this country and get this thread closed, but as your damaged feeling response indicates, you would just label me a bully.
black%20eye.gif

Which I am and derive great pleasure making kids like you cry.
fie.gif

The World is a mean unforgiving place bro.. Grow a set or get beat up.
beach.gif

The End.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as the OP is concerned I agree with you in that it did seem he was just out to stir up trouble nothing more. That said I think some of the responses were a bit callous and took the entire post deeper into the muck. I see nothing to be gained by lowering oneself to the same level and served no purpose other than to insult.If the verbal abuse is worse on tech days then count me out. . To be sure there is much good advice and knowledge here but I can do without what is just plain vulgarity that to me is offensive.

Hey snowflake? Good thing yer cryin' ass wasn't here years ago when we were mean. I was particularly offensive and would have enjoyed making you piss your pant's and cry to mamma.

If you can't handle the heat get the fuck out of this Kitchen.

I could ramble on about what wrong with this country and get this thread closed, but as your damaged feeling response indicates, you would just label me a bully.
black%20eye.gif

Which I am and derive great pleasure making kids like you cry.
fie.gif

The World is a mean unforgiving place bro.. Grow a set or get beat up.
beach.gif

The End.
I think I am having a flashback.

Well damn... That's not exactly how I would have said it Bust.

I will throw out there that when this forum was in what some of us consider its prime, when it was The Place for all things FJR and lots of fun, Bustanut was pretty much unrestrained and unrestricted. There was lots of back and forth between members but it was understood and expected. The guy that was insulting you for not satisfying an average sized sheep would be willing to ride his FJR all the way across the U.S. or Canada to meet you at an FJR event.

What I mean is that what may sound mean and vulgar to some of you isn't really as bad as it looks. A lot of it is between friends that have met in person and who would never use language like that in front of your wife and children.

I guess you have to keep in mind what Abraham Lincoln said to Joseph Stalin, "Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's real".
smile.png

Hi there bustanut
smile.png
What's the matter, lousy weather in good ol' Owosso got you all bored with nothing to do but insult people you don't even know? Where did you ever come up with that lame handle as in bustanut? Bet you really had to overwork the old brain cells on that one. On the other hand it probably fits in your sorry ass case.
rolleyes.gif
There now, I actually feel better having said all that. Does this mean I too can join the party? Probably not but one things sure I'll get over it!

Attend a tech session and drink coolies with the likes of bustanut?? I can't wait, NOT!

Does this mean I might get 86'ed from this forum? I really can't wait!

I reread the OP's original thread and it's obvious he was just as bored as you are hence his attack on HD and what he describes as the folks that ride them. Could be he's not alone in his thinking on this subject. Maybe he's had a bad experience with some Harley types, I know I did last summer on my way home from a BMW rally in eastern Washington. I was on my way home going around Portland, OR on the 205 in heavy traffic. I was in the flow on the inside lane moving at about 75 mph approaching about 6 HDs that were in the middle lane and moving slightly slower. As I came along side the group they began moving over with two in front of me and two behind. I thought this was good and that they just wanted to ride with me. That was not at all the case. They began to box me in with the guy behind actually coming along side of me to my left and in my lane. I saw what was happening and decided to take immediate evasive action. I hit the brakes and slipped into the center lane behind the guy that was on my right side then found a spot to go to the outside lane and accelerated to get ahead of this group then got back into the inside lane and put as much distance as I could between me and them before the I5 junction which was the last i saw of them. These guys were not the chopper types at all, they were riding dresser bikes for the most part and apparently just decided to have some fun with a guy on his Jap bike. This left a bad taste in my mouth and it's not the first time I've had an experience. Ever heard of the Gypsy Jokers? Now, this is not to say all folks that ride HDs are bad people but there are those and they give the brand a bad name but that's my opinion for what little it's worth or not.

Now I'm done.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread certainly supplies a level of entertainment we haven't seen in years.

Barry seems to have struck a nerve in Oregon.

Yes, I've heard of the Jokers.

Hi Ray, I probably over reacted and I agree Barry is probly not a bad guy. I mean if i had to spend winter where he lives I'd probably be ornery myself.

I think I better quit while I'm ahead. lol..lol.. or maybe I'm behind and too dumb to know it.

Hey Barry, maybe a little snort of the Evan Williams will ease the pain.
bye.gif
If you're ever out this way I'll buy lunch.

Jeez, I can't wait for happy hour.

Jim