The Hootchie-Moe saga

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scab

I got nothin' here...
Reaction score
You remember the passing of Hootchie-Moe, as told in THIS THREAD.

Well, the plot thickens. Just a few days back, I went to cut grass. It was raining. I told the wife we should be adventurous and take a ride in the Jeep. We turned out of the drive and headed down the road. Now, down the road there is NOTHING. Just the road, and woods on either side. We went a ways and we could see something sitting in the road. As we approached, my wife commented that it looked like Hootchie-Moe sitting in the road. I pulled up along side a dog that was just sitting there, in the rain.

The dog walked up to my door, looked at me, then proceeded to the other side of the jeep where my wife was sitting. He looked at her, then climbed up on the running board as if to say; "Open the door. I've been waiting for you." Of course, she did.

The dog had no colar or identifying information. He doesn't belong to any of the neighbors. We have no idea where he came from.

We brought him home, introduced him to all the other animals, and showed him around. He's been here ever since.

Truth is stranger than fiction.

Introducing Sparkenstein. The latest dog that chose to live with us.

IMG_0830.jpg

That's what I call an act of (insert your higher power here).

The best dogs I've ever had were the ones that just showed up.

Enjoy your gift. You must be livin' right. :good:

Scab, glad to see you're back to full strength for the dog population. Looks like a good one.

Me, I get the Airedale from Hell!

HPIM0007.jpg

We've been debating who's boss all day.

good looking dog, scab.

jack russell or j/r mix?

dean

cincinnati

You remember the passing of Hootchie-Moe, as told in THIS THREAD.Well, the plot thickens. Just a few days back, I went to cut grass. It was raining. I told the wife we should be adventurous and take a ride in the Jeep. We turned out of the drive and headed down the road. Now, down the road there is NOTHING. Just the road, and woods on either side. We went a ways and we could see something sitting in the road. As we approached, my wife commented that it looked like Hootchie-Moe sitting in the road. I pulled up along side a dog that was just sitting there, in the rain.

The dog walked up to my door, looked at me, then proceeded to the other side of the jeep where my wife was sitting. He looked at her, then climbed up on the running board as if to say; "Open the door. I've been waiting for you." Of course, she did.

The dog had no colar or identifying information. He doesn't belong to any of the neighbors. We have no idea where he came from.

We brought him home, introduced him to all the other animals, and showed him around. He's been here ever since.

Truth is stranger than fiction.

Introducing Sparkenstein. The latest dog that chose to live with us.

IMG_0830.jpg

Whaduminit... I saw something like this in that Stephen King flick. Do you have a supernatural Indian site near your house?

That's pretty cool though, and he does resemble Hootchie-Moe.

Ghost Whisper??? Do Jack Russell's just run wild in your area??

Crazy stuff going on in your neck of the woods.

Jumanji...that's it.

Anyway, it looks like you have a nice little replacement for Moe.....we know NOTHING can replace Moe. But it can help during these times.

Good luck with the new member of the family.

Well, we have a happy ending, too. In August of 2007, I had to put my best friend down at 9 years old after it was discovered he had a brain tumor. Following the discovery, it wasn't too long before his quality of life went downhill and I took him in to the vet on 8/14/07. Very tough day.

Yesterday, after much thought, we brought home a new little girl. Australian Shephard, 7 weeks old today. This is harder than having a new baby, good grief.

Here is who is running my life now:

3001448516_e5e5c378b8.jpg