The Life of a Pirate

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt. Bob

Bilge pump. A novel idea.
Reaction score
Well I see the pirate saga has ended (for the time being) for the US.

Three buccaneers sleep with the fish. :pirate:

One captured and soon to be hanged (won't happen)

And the Captain comes home to his family.

It's been a hell of a day at sea sir. :clapping:

Yea, just saw that too!

Well done one and all :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Yes, looks like they got a chest full of lead instead. The news is reporting this morning that the US is considering air strikes to hit pirate bases in Somalia. That is way overdue. (Sorry, a bit political)

Very glad the skipper of the Alabama is safe and headed home. I honestly didn't think this one would end well.

Argh.

That is great that they just shot the fuckers in the head.

Shoot all of the damn pirates.

Hope that sends a message to the others! :assassin:

I heard it was head shots, just 3, very efficient.

275px-US_Navy_SEALs_insignia.png

:D

What made me sick ,, was on the news yesterday morning.

They were worried that the shooting of the poor pirates would cause more attacks and

more targeting of Americans and America ships,,

and if it wouldn't have been easier to just pay the poor pirates off......

let's see ,,,

pay the poor pirates a million bucks to attack our ships and people and maybe

they won't hurt anyone and just go away ....

OR mount 50 cals. fore & aft on the ships and blow their asses out of the water ???

for crying out loud ,, it a bunch of assholes in a row boat ....

GOOD job Navy ,,, for a job well done.......... GO NAVY !!!! :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Since ship owners (commercial that is) are hesitant to arm their crews, maybe they should join together and employ "Q ships" to ply the waters off of Somalia.

Everyone kicks in and they hire privateers (sailors of fortune) to mitigate the risk of having to sail in this area of the world.

Aren't some of the boys from Blackwater Security looking for work? Put four of them on each commercial US ship. Has to be cheaper than the skyrocketing insurance premiums those shippers must be paying.

I had heard they were 80 yards behind the boat....not a very long shot but could have been tough depending on sea state...that little boat would have been rockin.

As Sunday dragged on, the seas grew rougher, and Navy officers offered to tow the lifeboat behind the Bainbridge, telling the pirates that they would move them to calmer waters. Once the lifeboat was tethered to the destroyer, military officials said, the pirates grew more desperate, feeling they had lost control of both their boat and the situation. Also, the pirates were probably suffering from withdrawal from khat, a narcotic leaf chewed by many Somali men, according to a senior military official. Aboard the hot and cramped lifeboat, tensions escalated. Watching from the Bainbridge, the sniper team observed an apparent argument between Phillips and one of the pirates.

The SEAL team observed two of the pirates move away from Phillips and stick their heads out from a hatch. The third pirate raised his weapon at Phillips' back. Convinced that Phillips was about to be shot, the SEAL commander gave the order to fire.

As usual with extreme effiency, unfortunately with more fan fare then they want.
Anybody have an idea what the water was like that day? That is a shot I cannot imagine making.
The report stated the conditions "were deteriorating" what ever that means. A check of sea conditions this afternoon (our time) show seas around 3 feet. Swells like that in an open ocean can have a period that would allow a window of opportunity for the shooter. Add to the fact that the lifeboat was "in tow" about 100 feet back at the time (travelling in the wake) would give a good man the site picture he needs. Bingo.

Impossible? I quess not.

Edit: Beat me to it. Must be gettin' old.

Last edited by a moderator: