The new addition

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigtallguy

Reaction score
Finally got the paperwork sorted today and picked up my new favorite toy :yahoo: Spent a couple hours running around town on it and am liking it, the only thing I miss about the zx-14 is the arm ripping power. Funny how you get used to having all that on tap, but the FJR isn't exactly a slouch so I'm good B)

66179e24.jpg

1fee9264.jpg

00d14abe.jpg

Came with 2 RAM mounts too! Wonder if I can make the wife's nuvi waterproof.... :D

22256eb5.jpg

Don't listen at all to that Bustanut fool!

'cause the Bass Boat Blue '05's rule!!

And you defintely scored yourself a very nice copy.

1st gens don't spend as much time in the shop-e!

(Ok I know that was a stretch)

Welcome.

And enjoy the shit out'ta that thing!!

(I know you will...) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The FJR may not rip your arms off but it can definately pull all the muscles in them. For details, take a look at my Ride Report thread.

Thanks everyone! I'm still getting to know her but I'm thinking I made an outstanding choice.

Blue looks awesome btw, two strangers told me that today so it must be true :p

Thanks everyone! I'm still getting to know her but I'm thinking I made an outstanding choice.
Blue looks awesome btw, two Ghey strangers told me that today so it must be true :p
Ya believed them, didn't ya?

They paint 'em blue for easy an cheap disposal Drop 'em in the lake when they puke..

Right Fred?

:jester:

Thanks everyone! I'm still getting to know her but I'm thinking I made an outstanding choice. Blue looks awesome btw, two Ghey strangers told me that today so it must be true :p
Ya believed them, didn't ya?

They paint 'em blue for easy an cheap disposal Drop 'em in the lake when they puke..

Right Fred? They paint them blue for the riders that know how to ride and fly past any silver beasts on the road.

:jester:
Bust is just jealous of the fact that YOU have the best year FeeJ made, bar none.!!!! :yahoo:
Fixed fer ya's. ;)

Enjoy! :yahoo: :yahoo:

The more you ride it the more you'll love it. :yahoo: Loosen up that throttle spring it'll be easier to bring on those ponies. ;)

First off congrats! Very nice choice.

The only thing I can honestly say about color differences are:

1 - if you have a bass boat blue FJR, how many times do you mistake it for you bass boat and take it to the lake? I mean, it's an easy mistake. Same color, both are big, heavy items, etc. ;)

2 - I understand the flakes in the paint weigh down that model year, so obviously it's slower

3 - BLACK rocks, all other colors lick socks!

Now, all that clarified, I'll admit to LOVING the blue bikes!!!!! WTF does Yamaha do this weird color/year thing anyway? Is it the only way their techs can ID the bikes they work one?! ;)

seriously, though, that looks like an awesome ride. Nice and clean. I started back into riding this year when a friend loaned me his ZX-14. I understand about the power thing. If I could bring home the lonely B-King at my local dealer, I'd have a big grin on my face. Loved the power in that naked 'Busa. :D

Now, go ride. Your FJR will call out to you regularly to be ridden. This is normal and should be indulged. When you heed the call to ride, you will develop a bond even a wife will have hard time breaking! ;)

First off congrats! Very nice choice.
The only thing I can honestly say about color differences are:

1 - if you have a bass boat blue FJR, how many times do you mistake it for you bass boat and take it to the lake? I mean, it's an easy mistake. Same color, both are big, heavy items, etc. ;)
This, coming from the owner of an '09 Caterpillar D25 just hit me as phunnee. Don't weigh that thing at the local DOT scale....they'll charge you for the damage your porker causes. :p

2 - I understand the flakes in the paint weigh down that model year, so obviously it's slower
Ain't half as bad as the flakes on the seat that weigh down YOUR model year. :p x2

3 - BLACK rocks, all other colors lick socks!
We'll all remind you of that as we drive by you while you're still parked in the driveway, trying to buff out all the swirl marks.

Now, all that clarified, I'll admit to LOVING the blue bikes!!!!!
No matter how you try, you just can't get it right, can you? Dark Cherry, Liquid Silver and Cerulean are the only colors Yamaha hasn't absoluely FAILED on. :p x3

These color "discussions" are a lot of fun. I remember back when I was shopping for my Feej. The local dealer had an '03 on consignment. I thought it was beautiful. That light silver was so gorgeous. But fortunately (for me) the bike was a "ringer". It looked great, but had tranny problems, head-shake problems, final drive problems, and I think may have been a "ticker"....it was awful noisy. The dealer gave me the typical "they all sound like that" spiel. I walked.

Then I was about to drop a dime on a new '05 in Galaxy Blue, but the dealer didn't have an ABS, which I truly wanted. I got the "we ain't sellin' no ABS murdersickle" speeches. The dealer was convinced (?) that ABS had no place on a motorcycle and refused to order any.

I was at the "severe disappointment" stage in getting a Feej since the PDP "window" was closed at the time I was shopping, and there wasn't an '05 ABS within 300 miles of me when I fouind my '04 on CycleTrader.com just an hour away from me.

When I saw that color shining in the sun, it was a jaw-dropping moment. In the 40 years of riding and owning motorcycles, I'd never seen what I thought was such an incredibly beautiful color, even though for those 40 years, if you cut me, I'd bleed Kawasaki green.

But like I said, color discussions are fun. At least with the color differences over the years, it's not TOO hard to identify a Feej's model year by its color.

Plus, if I see a Black one, I know to stay the hell away from it, since I know if I get too close, I might get sucked into the event horizon created by all that weight. Even GL1800 owners avoid you guys for fear of tidal effect. :p x4

edited to add: We REALLY don't know what color the '09s are, 'cause they're so freakin' overweight that reflected light can't escape, hence the term "Black Hole". :p x5