The "Perfect" bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scab

I got nothin' here...
Reaction score
That's the question on the table, peeps. Our very own Smitty is executing the flush on the 'Wing. It seems his search for the "perfect" bike is never-ending. So, what should Smitty buy next? Reasons?

Whatever the 'perfect' bike for dear Smitty is today, will not be tomorrow. Tis the nature of his tortured soul. Good thing he is not so fickle when it comes to women.

I predict a Harley trike is not so distant in his future. That being said, I can't wait to ride (and hopefully not crash) the BMW R1200GS I am sure he will be getting soon enough. Question is, will it be the adventure model or not?

I jes hope he has a bike come this October when come to his stomping grounds...

...order of bikes I've ridden with him

1) Gixxer 1000

2) FJR1300

3) KTM

4) GoldWing

next...BMW? He's already drunk the Koolaid and bought the spare final drive...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell I have been trying to decide what to get to replace my crashed FJR based upon his findings and every time he finds "the perfect bike" I don't even have time to find one before "the perfect bike" will be gone. I give up and am going to take up scrapbooking.

As to bikes he has owned since I first met him in 05, he has had 3 FJR's, temporarily owned a CBR1000, a KTM 525, a KLR 650, I believe it was a Yamaha 400, and the ones Mark mentioned and possibly a few more. He should just set up a used motorcycle lot and get dealer tags and quit registering all of these bikes.

His next bike - 1200 "GSA" - As to duration of ownership and the follow up bike, who knows. Oh well, at least he is loyal to his wife, his dogs, and his friends.

Chester

Let's face it my Friends, Smitty loves to work on bikes, as much as riding them. Give him a nice reliable motorcycle that does not require a lot of maintance and he gets bored with it.

I think his next one should be a Ural. Should be enough wrench turning there to keep him happy.

That my .02.

Hmmm.....

I wonder if he can adapt the Audiovox CC on one of these...

GreenMachine.jpg

His next bike - 1200 "GSA" - As to duration of ownership and the follow up bike, who knows. Oh well, at least he is loyal to his wife, his dogs, and his friends.
Overpriced, fat, and elitist.

Without a doubt.

True, but he has already gone the KTM route. I see a BMW R1200GS-A in his future. I just hope I have enough money to buy it from him, once he is done breaking it in, and then gets bored with it.

An airliner? You followed smitty while he was flying at 40,000 feet?! Jebus, I'm impressed! :good:

:p
Okay...ya caught me. I was down here on earth trying to catch up to Smitty...which is about as easy as following a jetliner if he doesn't wanna be caught.

Besides...KTM does dirt and gravel...and I haven't mastered that yet. Been there a few times...just not on purpose. :)