thin bike cover - does one exist?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Nelson Rigg UV2000 XL. Will still fit on the bike with V46 trunk and side bags on. But it doesn't pack up to the size of a softball or soda can. More like a small loaf of bread.

100_4382.jpg

For that reason it often gets left behind, especially when 2-up touring (space is at a premium). Having one that really was the size of a soda can would be worth the extra bux, IMO.

Ditto on the Nelson Rigg, it's a nice cover for the money and packs up pretty small.

I had used the Bike Condoms in the past--they were great--very small and just dispose of them at the end of a trip. I ordered two of them as they were going out of business. The jerk-off that ran the company kept taking money from people without sending what they paid for. I went through a dispute with Paypal and Paypal got my money back. It was only like $20 or something but it really pissed me off. Someone should re-start the company and concept because it was a good idea.....here's one on my FJR...

DSCF0524.jpg

As stated earlier, you can buy the cheap ass Chinese made full XL cover for less than $20 and it will last years if you do not violate it. If you want a cover that is water proof or a cover for lack of a garage then spend $100+.

I have a DOWCO and the best part about it is that they replaced it after it got a whole in it for free. They are a great company to work with. I stuff it in a little bag.

I use the Nelson-Rigg daily, parking my bike outside at work, and I had to replace the first one after nearly three years when I stepped on it and ripped it, not the cover's defect at all. The second one is over two years now and still perfect.

Cycle Gear has a decent, light-weight cover for about $20. It's not water proof, but I sprayed mine with Scotch Guard for a little extra protection. Been using it on trips for a couple of years with no complaints. It packs down pretty small, too.

I'm pretty happy with my Aerostich covers (one for the FJR and one for the Street Triple). I also have a Geeza...but squirrels' claws racing across the bike put holes in it. I also wish the Geeza were waterproof, but it is a good cover. It doesn't pack up as small as the Aerostich covers, though.

CycleGear cover as well. Cheap, does the job, covers the whole bike completely. Good for temp use on trips but obviously not for long term outside storage.