This FJR community

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well thank you very much, I have been training these folks here for a long time not to act like the "other" forum...

Well thank you very much, I have been training these folks here for a long time not to act like the "other" forum...
Yup, for all 87 posts since March.
punk.gif
no.gif
punk.gif

88 if you count this one

But yes, you find the finest folks at sport touring bike forums...probably, because the clientele is the more mature side of the populace. The folks who havent lost their souls to google and facebook, yet.

If you browse through some of the younger cycles-forum generation you ll find a distasteful 'South Park' culture unsbefit for relating to the rest of us humans...Ha!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dudeckp" data-cid="1166400" data-time="1407098361"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="luvtoride" data-cid="1165374"><p>helpful group of guys? Oh yeah... the guys... because us ladies suck... not necessarily a bad thing, either.</p></blockquote>

<br />

If <span class='bbc_underline'><strong class='bbc'>ANY</strong></span> post <span class='bbc_underline'><strong class='bbc'>EVER</strong></span> deserved a PM followup....</p></blockquote>

Go ahead and send a PM, let us know how it works for you. :D

mechanically ingenious supportive horny old guys...

...that about describes it...

88 if you count this one
But yes, you find the finest folks at sport touring bike forums...probably, because the clientele is the more mature side of the populace. The folks who havent lost their souls to google and facebook, yet.

If you browse through some of the younger cycles-forum generation you ll find a distasteful 'South Park' culture unsbefit for relating to the rest of us humans...Ha!
After lurking around this forum, and also belonging to others (I won't mention which one(s)), I really find this one full of information and people answering the posted question instead of the, "are you an idiot, don't you know what he search button is for.." or the typical, "real biker's don't need any ... <insert any accessory here>" , or "your not a real rider if you have to ask ..." I just find this one refreshing.

I can't wait until I can saddle up on an FJR ....

Thanks for listening.

Yeah the interwebs are filled with douchy younger jack@$$es that think they are know it alls.

This site is filled with old farts that just don't mind helping people out....

Not like some of the pompous jags that over spent on a lesser bike.....

I don't consider myself an "old-fart" yet ... but my age sure does. I guess that's because my father was 54 when I was born, and never really saw "old people" old, until they are in their late 70s and beyond ....

And the interwebs are great place to hide in anonymity ....

....And the interwebs are great place to hide in anonymity ....
Ya, here on this Forum, we are mostly all anonymous strangers and we can act out of character and nobody would ever know.

Img_7013.jpg

IMG_5955_resize.jpg

IMG_8631a_resize.jpg

IMG_6013_resize.jpg

IMG_5934_resize.jpg

_MG_1667_resize.jpg

Img_7015.jpg

IMG_5933_resize.jpg

IMG_6063b.jpg

IMG_5275c.jpg

And, this Forum is someplace where you can screw up and nobody will ever know about it. YMMV. :)

Beam

In that first pic you posted, are ALL THOSE BIKES FJRs? I tried to look at each one to verify, by my dumb bifocals are killing me. My dad used to tell me, "Son... don't every get old." I didn't take his advice. So I gotta ask... It looks like something like 54 FJRs in that picture.

Gary

darksider #44

BeamIn that first pic you posted, are ALL THOSE BIKES FJRs? I tried to look at each one to verify, by my dumb bifocals are killing me. My dad used to tell me, "Son... don't every get old." I didn't take his advice. So I gotta ask... It looks like something like 54 FJRs in that picture.

Gary

darksider #44
Sure looks like it! I assume this was a NE event?

BeamIn that first pic you posted, are ALL THOSE BIKES FJRs? ...
Yup! Lewisburg, WV. After a hard day of carving corners we went to the hotel and found 140 other FJRs had the same idea on that same day. Or, it was an EOM
smile.png
That's only about 3/5 the FJRs that were there.

Img_7013.jpg

Johnson City, TN about 4/5s the FJRs that were there.

IMG_8030b_zpsa6de20f8.jpg

Taking group pictures makes cat herding look simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
2008 NAFO in Golden Colorado. There were a few bikes there other than FJRs. non-FJRs were moved to the side, which you can see in the left front.

GroupPhoto2_zpsad00acac.jpg