Thoughts on Premier sport touring rack

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good stuff, highly recommended. Plus, your tail trunk will sit as flat as possible, which helps with center of gravity, aerodynamics and in my opinion, looks much better. Get the Givi mounting kit, it is around $16 and includes the hardware to mount a Givi (or JC Whitney clone ;) ) directly to the rack.
See the ride report in my signature for plenty of pics of the rack in use.

579422230_hANuw-L.jpg

579421463_5Edk8-L.jpg

579423319_2xMKr-L.jpg

579426407_bogMX-L.jpg

530000407_N2PZV-L-2.jpg

535272248_u4eoV-M.jpg
You definitely know what you're doing. Cool bike and smart money upgrade.

Slight thread-jack:

Could somebody throw up pictures of the various design changes that these racks have been through, as well as a description of how each of them typically fail?

I'm looking real hard at one in the For Sale forum, but if I'm just looking at trouble, I'd rather skip it.

Thanks Newt. Let me know if you need any help with yours.

Be safe and enjoy your new FJR.

Henry

Good stuff, highly recommended. Plus, your tail trunk will sit as flat as possible, which helps with center of gravity, aerodynamics and in my opinion, looks much better. Get the Givi mounting kit, it is around $16 and includes the hardware to mount a Givi (or JC Whitney clone ;) ) directly to the rack.
See the ride report in my signature for plenty of pics of the rack in use.
You definitely know what you're doing. Cool bike and smart money upgrade.

I had the a premier rack installed - not sure which revision.

However, I walked out one morning & I noticed one side of the grab bars had ripped off. I either had a nervous passenger clutching/ripping or overloaded the E52 trunk on a camping trip.

I had a GIVI kit to replace it in the garage that I was about to return but ended up using it. Ugly as a drunk in church on Sunday morning but it seems more solid.

--hellcreep

Bought the Premier Sport rack for my '08 FJR. It was a hard decision between the Premier and Gary's rack but decided on the Premier. Love this rack with it's backrest, paint protector, top box mounting option, multiple tie down points, and available helmet locking bar. The welds are top notch, and everyone who sees it says it looks great. Yes I've gotten a few nicks in it but that comes with normal use and can be touched-up with paint or a magic marker. The OL say's the backrest is so comfortable she can fall asleep if she wanted to. Here's a few pics of my FJR with the Premier rack and backrest.

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg