Three sisters ride from Austin and back in a day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like this Saturday is favorable for enough people. But there is a chance for rain. I will monitor the forecast over the next 24 hours and post on Friday if it looks favorable.

Sounds like fun. I wish I could join you but the weather doesn't look good and if the weather is OK then I'll be on my usual saturday morning ride that meets at beecaves rd and 360. Some of you should consider joining us on saturdays. First people arrive at about 6:45, wheels up at 7:30

The forecast for Saturday indicated rain, so I don't think it will be safe to plan on a Saturday ride.

However...

Let's ride Sunday afternoon to Enchanted Rock instead. We'll take the scenic Willow City Loop route. I started a topic on this ride here.

This is a fun afternoon ride that you will not regret.

Last edited by a moderator:
The forecast for Saturday indicated rain, so I don't think it will be safe to plan on a Saturday ride.
However...

Let's ride Sunday afternoon to Enchanted Rock instead. We'll take the scenic Willow City Loop route. I started a topic on this ride here.

This is a fun afternoon ride that you will not regret.
Good idea on the postponement. Even if it doesn't rain tomorrow, the water will be running across the roads down there, as much as we have gotten. I'll have to see about Sunday.

Alternate ride edit due to rain - see post #23 or this new topic here.

I would like to hook up with a wagon train of FJRs for a 400 mile near-half-iron-butt ride through the three sisters one day soon this spring. I've ridden 337-336 from Austin in one day, but never all three and back. It will be a challenge, but lots of fun.

If you haven't ridden the three sisters, you are in for a treat. Riders literally come in from all over the country for this choice ride. You'll see the most lovely countryside in Texas, and experience several thousand feet of elevation and the twisties that come with hugging the Texas hills. Plus, it's bluebonnet season.

Here is the proposed route (deviation suggestions are welcome). 3-sisters-route

Proposed dates are:

1. Saturday April 18

2. Saturday April 25

3. Saturday May 2

4. Saturday May 9

We will meet at daybreak-30 at the gas station at the corner of RR12 and Hwy290 (I think it is a Shell).

Please vote your favorite day and we'll take a democratic rule.

Looks like I missed this on but would love to get involved.

We're going to do this on the 9th. There should be 5-6 of us. I did this ride yesterday and wish you would have been out front of me so you'da warned me about the traffic cop on 337.

Will be out of town on the 9th...hope to catch the next one...

Have a good ride... Hamie