Throttlemeister & temps

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

otrfjr

Don't tell Mom
Reaction score
It was 34 when I left for work this morning, but it was a balmy 37 when I got there. While letting the bike warm up (it has to sleep under a cover outside unfortunately), I gave my Throttlemeister a gentle spin to make sure it was completely disengaged. It just kept spinning without hitting a stop. I tried the other one & it also spun. Anyone want to venture a guess as to why? Anyone else ever experience this?

weird stuff mate - I've never heard of that before.

it sounds strange that the clutch side would spin too. Sound like the allen bolt is loose on the LHS - could be that the bolt is loose on the RHS also?

let us know what you find.....

cheers - Bull

I would guess that its spinning inside the handle bar. Maybe the insert shrank from the cold. I live in AZ so this isnt an issue but thats all I can think of. I would try tighntening the end screw with it cold and see if that takes care of the problem.

Thanks for the replies. I also have been thinking that in addition to shrinking the rubber might be so hard that it can't produce enough friction to hold.

BTW: 24 degrees when I took off this morning. Right glove somehow lost integrity and was allowing wind in & I lost feeling in my right thumb. Pulled into a convenience store & purchased some rubber dish gloves: not much insulation but good wind blockers.