Time for Spring Cleaning!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRMH Eagle

Reaction score
Due to the house purchase, close, and move I didn't get the farkle & maintenance list up to date this past winter. I just shipped the forks to GP Suspension and thus the bike will be idle for a few weeks.

2007 has 18,500 miles on it (didn't ride it a lot last summer). Iridiums/TBS/PCIII done at 8k miles.

Maintenance:

- Order new tires and learn how to mount.

- Radiator fluid flush.

- Clutch fluid flush.

- Lube all pivot points. Might upgrade the steering bearings.

- Change final gear oil.

- Lube spline drive with honda moly. (Did this at 3k miles and the dealer didn't have any lube on it!)

- TBS.

- Inspect and replace brake pads if necessary.

- And because I'm "different" gonna clean, polish, and wax the exterior.

Farkles:

- Install Penske shock & spring when it arrives from GPS.

- Install fenda extenda.

- Install Datel.

- Install Backoff modulator.

- Add windshield when it arrives. My CB non-flip is for sale - only 12 miles on it.

- Replace rear bulbs with led's.

- Add auxilliary brake light. Knight Riderz?

- Add blind spot mirrors.

- Conquer my fear of wiring and add a fuse strip and use windshield auto-retract for power source.

- Replace windshield rubber gasket I tore out last summer due to interference with the windshield.

In the fall:

- Add driving lights & starcom.

- Add Brodie's spyder harness unless it arrives in the next few weeks.

- Dealer valve adjustment.

FYI on homemade pipe stand - I got a pipe about a 1-2' feet longer for the center section than what others use since it gives more room between the bike and the stand.

Is the brake fluid flush on the ABS tricky? I don't trust the dealer to do a thorough job.

What is missing off this list?

How behind are you on your list?

Not much to add...seems your list is pretty complete. In fact, I just completed the majority of your 'maintenance items' last weekend preparing for the summer. FJR Tech is your friend for information regarding maintenance items.

Brake fluid flush with the ABS is not tricky, just go slow and make sure you don't introduce any air into the system. Also be aware of the linked brakes and pay attention to the extra bleeder on the RT front caliper.

Have fun!

--G