Time to paint bag lids

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lnewlf

Reaction score
Well, I guess it's time to paint the bag lids which are looking ratty...all pockmarked on the front from stones, a few scuffs on the right one from when the old man didn't swing his boot high enough, and a nasty scrape from a dog sized forest rat that glanced off one night.. I am thinking of painting them silver to match the side covers, and maybe also the flip out wind deflectors..Might make the arse look less fat and at least my cobalt blue '06 would be different from the rest [12's too]. I'm looking for opinions here, to prevent me from doing something possibly ugly...If I wasn't a Ludite I could photoshop the look. What think??

You are not far from Garauld who has painged many bags back to original OEM condition at reasonable cost. If it were me, I'd go that route. It would be hard to buy the paint at the price he does this service. Non-OEM approaches will affect the value of the bike if that matters to you. As far as making your arse look less fat, well, good luck with that.

Definitely gotta start wearing my glasses more often... Thought that said "Time to paint ball kids." I was thinking maybe you have some lil pain in the ass neighbors like I do.

I'd easily drive several hours to deliver parts to Garauld for painting. His work is top notch - indistinguishable from stock.

Unfortunately, I'm 12 hours away.

Do you have anyone close with a silver FJR you could swap the boxes off real quick to look at?

Like this?

1b.jpg

The Cerulian? silver mix in the bin o facts is damned close to the 04 color. So much so nobody but you and your painter is gonna notice.

As far at the 06 blue? If ya ain't in a hurry wait until next month, when I start playing around with a damaged front fender that a member here wants some love applied.

Like this?
1b.jpg
You da man bwv....That doesn't look half bad...now if you would be so kind as to do the flip out vents in silver too..

I would definitely go with Garauld, the resident forum painting guru, except that painting has been a hobby for me for years..[Don't use Bust- he applies paint with a sheepskin applicator]

i guess if I didn't like the mix I could just keep on going and do the whole thing Cerulian silver...

Cool ! Me likey..now where do I get the cute little bags...
smile.png

Might just do that-the side covers are not actually Cerulian silver,close tho but a different code.