Timken front wheel bearings -none

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

infrared

Reaction score
Near the Great Salt Lake, Utah, USA, Sol III.
I come bringing the latest word from Timken tech support. SKF has not seen fit to respond as yet. I searched and did not find any posts here that could relate OEM front wheel bearings to Timken Part Numbers. I did find Timken info for rear bearings and steering head bearings, but none for front wheel bearings. That thread was shut down and locked immediately, on the premise than I did not do a Search first, which is just not true. I did several Searches first, with various keyword combinations, to no avail.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/170092-equivalent-timken-skf-bearing-s/?do=findComment&comment=1341662

Timken tech support has made a quick search of their current data for me, then a more thorough search of additional resources, taking a few days. KUDOs to them, for their effort. They report that there are NO Timken bearings that match the OEM front wheel bearings. If my Searches did not find a post stating anything different, my apologies, for the failures of the Search engine. I believe that any post here giving Timken Part Numbers for front wheel bearings (if that post even exists) may well be in error, or maybe far out-dated. Those who Search better than I can are welcome to contribute what Timken does not know.

Cheers,

Infrared

Well both Timken and Fafnir are not what they used to be, with 'global' sourcing (i.e. first china quality) having become part of their business model, so I wouldn't sweat it too much. Every SKF I've bought in the last year or two has been of first quality, so if they make a bearing, it would be a fine way to go.