Tire inflation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I check daily, as previously noted. A clear sign I'm stupid, otherwise I'd have installed a TPS unit or selected a machine with that feature from the factory. Been doing it for so long it'd be hard to stop. Skipped one day and ended up in the middle of nowhere in the dark with a flat. Had nothing to do with my skipping checking that day, but it kicked the OCD into high gear.

Thanks for all the input. Since the tire was losing over 10 psi over a few days, I took it to my trusted motorcycle tire dealer for help. It took them probably 15 minutes and a whole bunch of soapy water to find a small puncture. They pulled the wheel, dismounted the tire and patched the leak from the inside for $50. Seems expensive, but it involve two guys spending the equivalent about 2 man hours of PROFESSIONAL service.

Wow, I never knew tire pressure invoked such strong emotions! I hate to admit it but check my tire pressure once every week or two. Maybe I am just willing to be a little more risky as if riding a motorcycle is risky enough, lol.

Wow, I never knew tire pressure invoked such strong emotions! I hate to admit it but check my tire pressure once every week or two. Maybe I am just willing to be a little more risky as if riding a motorcycle is risky enough, lol.
Strong opinions, anecdotal information, testosterone, passive aggressive behavior, misinformation and condradictory information.... almost as good as an oil thread.
smile.png