Tire Prices – Post up.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PR 2 "B" Rear Only:
Jake Wilson $184.99

Chaparral $186.00

Motorcycle Superstore $187.99

Greater Yamaha (WPB) $284.00
I had to grab a PR2 rear on the way home from the Nevada Stampede at Wright's in Salt Lake City. Cost me $250 for the tire. Around here in Denver, can get PR2's for $175 with tax. When you're on the road and need a tire, you just have to suck it up lol.

PR 2 "B" Rear Only:
Jake Wilson $184.99

Chaparral $186.00

Motorcycle Superstore $187.99

Greater Yamaha (WPB) $284.00
I had to grab a PR2 rear on the way home from the Nevada Stampede at Wright's in Salt Lake City. Cost me $250 for the tire. Around here in Denver, can get PR2's for $175 with tax. When you're on the road and need a tire, you just have to suck it up lol.
I had to do a tire change there before the 10n10... I am still making installment loan payments
uhoh.gif

I just got a set of PR3 from www.Murphskits.com for $302 shipped for free in 3 days.

PR2 sets are $260 shipped for free.

Gary is the nicest guy, rides to many rallies, and stands behind everything he sells! I would pay (a little) extra to buy from him.

I just got a set of PR3 from www.Murphskits.com for $302 shipped for free in 3 days.
PR2 sets are $260 shipped for free.

Gary is the nicest guy, rides to many rallies, and stands behind everything he sells! I would pay (a little) extra to buy from him.
I was in a hurry, but I could not find the PR 2 "B" on his site (?)

Cycle Gear has some tires on sale including the PR4 and Conti Motion. You can see the sale prices through their online sale ad (I got this as a catalog in the mail) but I don't think you can order it online... but if you have a local store they will honor the price and order it up for you if it's not stocked.

Pilot Road 4:

120/70-17 - $109.99

180/55-17 - $144.99

Conti Motion:

120/70-17 - $79.99

180/55-17 - $109.99

I'm lucky enough to have a local store near me - 3 days later I had it right from Parts Unlimited...noice.

Those Cycle Gear PR4 prices were a "misprint". I called 2 of the 3 stores in Phx and they both said the same thing. The company screwed up and sent out flyer with a misprint on the price of PR4's. Then I called corporate and they said the same thing. I asked "how can you send out a catalog to millions of consumers and not honor the price that you 'advertised'" and he had no answer other than to say 'sorry, we just can't sell them at that price. It was an error in printing'.

^^^^ When I received the Cycle Gear flyer, I visited my local shop the next day. I was ready to buy a couple sets of PR4s at those prices...same answer, sorry, misprint and can't honor those prices.

If it sounds too good to be true...it probably is!

--G

Just purchased a set of PR2s from chapparel for $258 shipped. Not the best I've ever seen, but not too bad either

Those Cycle Gear PR4 prices were a "misprint". I called 2 of the 3 stores in Phx and they both said the same thing. The company screwed up and sent out flyer with a misprint on the price of PR4's. Then I called corporate and they said the same thing. I asked "how can you send out a catalog to millions of consumers and not honor the price that you 'advertised'" and he had no answer other than to say 'sorry, we just can't sell them at that price. It was an error in printing'.
I guess I lucked out then. I printed the ad out from the website (same as the printed version I got in the mail) and the guy matched it without hesitation! Got me a front PR4 for like $122 w/ the tax!

If it was a misprint - then why can I still see this price on their website for a electronic version of the same catalog?? You'd think they'd fix it or pull it!

Jeez - I might have to go back and order me up a rear tire!

Check it out - prices are still there on page 45: https://www.cyclegear.com/ecatalog?flyer_type_name=ecatalog&flyer_run_id=80105

I guess I lucked out then. I printed the ad out from the website (same as the printed version I got in the mail) and the guy matched it without hesitation! Got me a front PR4 for like $122 w/ the tax!

If it was a misprint - then why can I still see this price on their website for a electronic version of the same catalog?? You'd think they'd fix it or pull it!

Check it out - prices are still there on page 45: https://www.cyclegear.com/ecatalog?flyer_type_name=ecatalog&flyer_run_id=80105
Tried to put a pair in the cart and the price comes in at $365.00. Not the best price I have seen.

You definitely lucked out. If they're dumb enough to honor it when corporate and several stores confirmed it was an error, I would go there & buy a couple of sets at that price. Best I've found for PR2's (local or online) is $250/set and can't find PR4's for much less than $350/set.

That's a good question, why they haven't pulled the online ad yet, but like Abercrombie said when you try to order online, they revert to the correct price.

Is this project still alive?
Just found Michelin PR4 at Rocky Mountain Motorcycle/ATV

Front 120/70 ZR17 $134.88

Rear 180/55 ZR17 $169.98

Free Shipping

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com
I get the same results at Jake Wilson. I've had good luck combining the Bridgestone T30 front with the PR4 rear, and the front tire is $94.88. The cart for this combo is $264.86. No time to shop, so this is probably the deal of the day for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="wheatonFJR" data-cid="1285714" data-time="1454013517"><p>

Two PR2 Rears from Jake Wilson for $132 per...</p></blockquote>

I just might go back to using PR2s. I'd prefer a 190-55 but the

PR2 is the only tire that didn't suck AND lasted more than

5K miles. I'm getting really tired of mounting tires.

Just bought a set of PR2s from Jake Wilson for $245.76. Replacing the Conti / Metzler mix that came with the bike when I bought it used. The rear tire is worn out and the front has a bit of wobble. I really like the PR2s on my FZ6.