Tires at EOM

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spklbuk

Reaction score
The fine folks at Freedom Motorsports in Princeton, WV have come through again. Here is the information on buying tires and getting them mounted during EOM.

[SIZE=12pt] Call by Sept 10 to guarantee availability of the tires you want. EDIT: Tires purchased in advance by phone will be exempt from sales tax[/SIZE]

Contact info listed below.

There is an additional charge for mounting and balancing, but it will be completely reasonable. Will update if I get a quote. EDIT: mounting and balancing prices listed below. Damnit, I read right past it.

Here are the tire prices to be in effect for the weekend of EOM.Depending on the number of requests, we will dedicate Thursday, Friday and Saturday to tire swapping if necessary...(18th, 19th and 20th)

All brands are 120/70ZR 17 Front; 180/55ZR 17 rear

PIRELLI DIABLO STRADA...........FRONT..............118.00

REAR................166.00

DUNLOP ROADSMART................FRONT..............107.00

REAR................142.00

METZLER Z6.............................FRONT...............128.00

REAR.................168.00

AVON AV55/56.........................FRONT...............105.00

REAR.................143.00

CONTI ROAD ATTACK..............FRONT.................107.00

REAR..................148.00

BRIDGESTONE BT021..............FRONT...................93.00

REAR...................128.00

MOUNTING AND BALANCE.....................................58.00/SET

26.00/EA

ADD SALES TAX OF 6% FOR TIRES AND MOUNTING PURCHASED ON SITE.

TIRES PURCHASED IN ADVANCE BY PHONE, NO SALES TAX REQUIRED.

CONTACT MATT OUR PARTS MANAGER 304-325-8258

OR STEVE OUR SERVICE MANAGER 304-325-8258

BY SEPT 10TH TO GUARANTEE AVAILABILITY OF THE TIRES YOU WANT.

APPOINTMENTS ARE RECOMMENDED.

OUR HOURS ARE M-F....9-6

SAT...9-5

Last edited by a moderator:
The fine folks at Freedom Motorsports in Princeton, WV have come through again. Here is the information on buying tires and getting them mounted during EOM.
[SIZE=12pt] Call by Sept 10 to guarantee availability of the tires you want. [/SIZE] Contact info listed below.

There is an additional charge for mounting and balancing, but it will be completely reasonable. Will update if I get a quote.

Here are the tire prices to be in effect for the weekend of EOM.Depending on the number of requests, we will dedicate Thursday, Friday and Saturday to tire swapping if necessary...(18th, 19th and 20th)

All brands are 120/70ZR 17 Front; 180/55ZR 17 rear

PIRELLI DIABLO STRADA...........FRONT..............118.00

REAR................166.00

DUNLOP ROADSMART................FRONT..............107.00

REAR................142.00

METZLER Z6.............................FRONT...............128.00

REAR.................168.00

AVON AV55/56.........................FRONT...............105.00

REAR.................143.00

CONTI ROAD ATTACK..............FRONT.................107.00

REAR..................148.00

BRIDGESTONE BT021..............FRONT...................93.00

REAR...................128.00

MOUNTING AND BALANCE.....................................58.00/SET

26.00/EA

ADD SALES TAX OF 6% FOR TIRES AND MOUNTING PURCHASED ON SITE.

TIRES PURCHASED IN ADVANCE BY PHONE, NO SALES TAX REQUIRED.

CONTACT MATT OUR PARTS MANAGER 304-325-8258

OR STEVE OUR SERVICE MANAGER 304-325-8258

BY SEPT 10TH TO GUARANTEE AVAILABILITY OF THE TIRES YOU WANT.

APPOINTMENTS ARE RECOMMENDED.

OUR HOURS ARE M-F....9-6

SAT...9-5
Thank you for this. Do we know anything about the Pirelli's? I'm not familar with them. Nevermind...found some reading on the subject. Soft tires

Jim,

Great info. I stopped there last year with Red Diver; he got a set of tires put on. They took care of him quickly; great dealership.

Wayne

Diablo Strada = good

I will get another of these when I replace my existing tire.

I MAY need a tire. I am going to push my luck and ride EOM on a plugged tire.

It has held locally, with no probs.

Several folks here have ran multiple sets of Stradas. I have ran one set that I won last year at EOM, liked them fine...good handling and good mileage. They have an FJR spec rear. Others can (and hopefully will) tell you more.

I hit something like a stone that seems to have put some sort of cut in my rear RoadSmart.

Those prices their offering look pretty damn good!

I may even have to jump on this deal.

Prob. going to try to get an opinion on the depth of the mark on my rear first though.

I sure hope I don't need any this year. I brought a spare set mounted to spare wheels last year, and still wound up buying another new rear from them and wore it out on the way home.

:(

Freedom Motorsports definitely were super-nice folks to do business with. Thank you Jim for putting this together again.

When would they do the mount? Would have to be Friday or Saturday?
They are scheduling Thurs, Fri and Sat for mounting. The shop is directly adjacent to Rt 460 expressway and lays on or near some of the suggested routes...Pucker South, Pucker North go right by their front door...Mtn Roads and Coal Camps passes within a few miles and there is prolly another or two that pass within striking distance that I have forgotten. Riding there and then hooking into most of the routes is entrely doable with a little map staring. It worked well for several folks last year.

Y'all are welcome, but you're thanking the wrong feller. Freedom folks make this work. Stop in should you pass by the shop (visible from 460 S) and thank em personally. They will make you feel at home...coffee, restroom, motorcycle goodies and chat, etc. Heck, Bruce will even sell you a motorcycle!!

I sure hope I don't need any this year. I brought a spare set mounted to spare wheels last year, and still wound up buying another new rear from them and wore it out on the way home. :(
Now really, just what are the odds that you will behave yourself any better this year?!?! :lol:

Now really, just what are the odds that you will behave yourself any better this year?!?! :lol:
Actually better than you might think! I haven't seen a fun-money bonus since January. Tire mileage has suddenly moved way up on the billboard chart.

:)

Edited in some updates. Please see post # 1. Read carefully, there is a lot of info in that quote I found out the hard way!

Still a good deal. You can't expect them to mount/balance for free. They are probably selling the tires at cost plus 10%, and charging $58 for mounting/balancing two. Not at all bad for a dealership service.

Great folks to do business with IMHO.

Wow, this is a good deal (especially for those of us coming down from Canada where tire prices are inflated by a factor of two and half).

I'm booked in for EOM, but I'm still up in the air as to whether its a 100% or not. I'm hoping I make it and I can snag a set of Roadsmarts. My Avons have this trip left in them and they'll be close to done.

I bought a set of Dunlop qualifiers from them last year and the service is top notch. They even to a few of us in the company truck to a diner down the road so we could eat breakfast while waiting to have our tires mounted. Then they picked us up too. Great place. I''m thinking about tires again and I'm not sure I need them yet.

Anyone considering riding down there prior/during/after EOM should do it. It's not really that far from the Briar and the road up to the Hotel is superb for scrubbin in your tires.

I ran down there from KY on my way to EOM last year and it was well worth it. They have superb service and were very, VERY accomodating. They even had a bike out that we could demo and fun around on.

I was almost 2 hours late (sorry was just to many good roads on the way down there) and arrived near the end of the day and they STILL fit me in with and apologized as if it were they're fault I was late.

Glad to see they are doing it again this year. Great shop, great service and just some nice people to sit and chill with. Plus, you'll likely see several FJR peeps there so it's a good ice breaker.

:)

I have ran one set that I won last year at EOM, liked them fine...good handling and good mileage.
But the best thing about them was they were FREE
Fixed it for you Jim....

I bought a set of tires at EOM from them last year. Great people to deal with and a very professional shop. The owner even rides an FJR, how bad can he be.